Wet sanded through clear coat, need good paint shop in AZ

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 08:31 PM
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Unhappy Wet sanded through clear coat, need good paint shop in AZ

So shortly after purchasing my beautiful TL, I discovered that there was a light scratch running down the length of one side (key mark). I looked around on the forum for a solution and one of the guides explained how to wet sand it out and it didn't sound too hard... unfortunately I ended up making matters worse when I accidentally wet sanded a good size scuff right through the clear coat. The rest of it turned out ok, but there are still light scratches everywhere along where the key mark was that the polishing compound didn't take out.

I really love the car and even though my friends say that the scuff isn't noticeable, I know it's there and it bugs the crap out of me. I'm not looking to try and fix this myself since I'm sure I'd just make it worse. I'm wondering if anyone can help me find a good, reputable paint or body shop that can repair my mess up. I'm also wondering what something like that would cost. I'm sure pictures would help with a price estimate, but I don't own a camera at the moment.

Thanks for any help!