Wax as U Dry + silicon squeegee?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007 | 06:09 PM
Burning Brakes

Wax as U Dry + silicon squeegee?

Is it possible to combine the use of Wax-as-U-dry type products when drying with a silicon squeegee?

I try to avoid straight towel-drying, so I've stopped using the wax-as-u-dry products.

Rob144
Old 03-28-2007 | 06:43 PM
Just dial 1911

Don't you think your RL deserves a little better then that? Nothing wrong with towel drying as long as your using a quality microfiber towel. When I want to do a quick wash, I wash, blast the excess water off with a leaf blower, use Optimum spray wax to wipe down and you're done.

I've never liked those silicon blades. I really think they cause more swirls then towels do.
Old 03-28-2007 | 07:23 PM
Safety Car

Try sheeting. Remove whatever apparatus from the end of the hose and let the water flow from top to bottom. You'll be left with very little residual areas of water easily soaked with a MF Waffle Weave towel and cuts your drying time. You can also try DG AquaWax. Spritz a panel at a time while drying or you can use dry like a spray wax.
Old 03-28-2007 | 08:07 PM
Former Sponsor

Just to add to the previous posts, while using the sheeting method, which is very effective, simply push the wave of water with the flow exiting the hose. Also consider the use of a associate towel. Often smaller then the main drying towel (I hope a Waffle Weave and not a t-shirt or anything resembling) it used as a leaner, and as an "associate" to assist in drying areas previously passed with the larger towel. As also mentioned, if the surface is free of debris, a couple passes with a drying towel, under needless additional pressure, wont normally add to scratches and marring. The WW actually absorbs better, with a little water intrusion to the towel itself. Once it has been dampened with water, it will absorb quite well. And by all means, if your going to be drying, you may as well add some protection to your base sealant in the form of a spray wax, such as either products mentioned above. They both perform very well.
Im afraid the use of that silicone blade eliminates the majority of protectant applied by a sprayer. Just as your eliminating water, thus the same result with anything you wish to spray on the surface. I say give a good WW a run, and see if we cant change your mind.
Old 04-02-2007 | 06:00 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by joerockt
Don't you think your RL deserves a little better then that? Nothing wrong with towel drying as long as your using a quality microfiber towel. When I want to do a quick wash, I wash, blast the excess water off with a leaf blower, use Optimum spray wax to wipe down and you're done.

I've never liked those silicon blades. I really think they cause more swirls then towels do.
there great when you trap peices of dirt in between and you rub your entire care with it.
Old 04-02-2007 | 09:28 AM
Just dial 1911

One thing to note about sheeting, I've found that it only works well on a car that has a good layer of sealant or wax on it.
Old 04-02-2007 | 12:09 PM
Trucki!!

I actually like my water blade, and have never had any problems "trapping" dirt under it. I use it everytime I wash, and I do not have any swirls.
Old 05-01-2007 | 09:08 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Rob144
Is it possible to combine the use of Wax-as-U-dry type products when drying with a silicon squeegee?

I try to avoid straight towel-drying, so I've stopped using the wax-as-u-dry products.

Rob144
I've never had a problem with my CWB. The thing is NEVER use it on a dirty car or blade the car after it rains. I rinse the CWB with soap and water before storing it flat. Used it for years.

As for WAUD, dry the car first, and use a damp MF towel to buff the car dry with the WAUD spray. It works better on a damp surface.