Wax

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2003, 07:07 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wax

Any have any thoughts about using NUFinish Wax? Heard that it works really well for the price.......
Old 06-17-2003, 11:17 PM
Burning Brakes

that shit sucks.

i use meguiars three step

cleaner polish wax
it comes out great for me

and i got a 97 cl black
Old 06-18-2003, 01:06 PM
Advanced

From a non-biased website that tests car wax products...

Summary:
Thank you for those 2 non-biased and uninformed plugs for Meguire's... straight from their marketers. Ok- on to dispel the myths. I too fell for the Meguire's 'wash off in first rain' wax advertising- vlaiming it was glasslike etc, but like everyone else I was ripped off. It looks relatively decent compared to some generic waxes, but it doesn't last more than a couple weeks. Don't take my word for it. It's all over the web. READ. Or use it and pay attention. See how long water continues to bead on your hood.

Nu Finish, is just as big a lie as Meguires. It in NO WAY lasts a year. Maybe a couple months. But considering the competition generally lasts for even less time AND the fact that the shine is superior to Meguires, I would have to say this is probably the best balance between durability and shine. There are waxes out there that shine marginally better at most, but those that do don't last very long.

Turtle wax on the other hand is a fair choice. If you can't find Nu Finish, this is the one I would probably go for. Check Consumer Reports to back my claim, or if you're really bored, just try them all yourself

Strengths:
Better durability than many waxes (including the ridiculously expensive ones which cater to illiterate moronswith too much money burning holes in their pocket... Zymol) Also doesn't make too many ridiculously exagerated claims. Honesty is good.
Old 06-19-2003, 09:39 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I just bought a can of Nu Finish Paste for my girlfriend's Honda based on the Consumer Reports test. Haven't tried it yet, I'm waiting for some Meguier's Body Scrub to arrive.

I wouldn't use it on a new car. My six speed is 6 months old and I bought P21s for it. It's really good wax. Very wet looking.

I'll post when I use the Nu Finish.
Old 06-19-2003, 08:28 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by tdamon
From a non-biased website that tests car wax products...

Summary:
Thank you for those 2 non-biased and uninformed plugs for Meguire's... straight from their marketers. Ok- on to dispel the myths. I too fell for the Meguire's 'wash off in first rain' wax advertising- vlaiming it was glasslike etc, but like everyone else I was ripped off. It looks relatively decent compared to some generic waxes, but it doesn't last more than a couple weeks. Don't take my word for it. It's all over the web. READ. Or use it and pay attention. See how long water continues to bead on your hood.

Nu Finish, is just as big a lie as Meguires. It in NO WAY lasts a year. Maybe a couple months. But considering the competition generally lasts for even less time AND the fact that the shine is superior to Meguires, I would have to say this is probably the best balance between durability and shine. There are waxes out there that shine marginally better at most, but those that do don't last very long.

Turtle wax on the other hand is a fair choice. If you can't find Nu Finish, this is the one I would probably go for. Check Consumer Reports to back my claim, or if you're really bored, just try them all yourself

Strengths:
Better durability than many waxes (including the ridiculously expensive ones which cater to illiterate moronswith too much money burning holes in their pocket... Zymol) Also doesn't make too many ridiculously exagerated claims. Honesty is good.
did u ever try the meguiars three step for
yourself

if iam telling you something its from
experience, not from some report,
that nobody gives a :whocares: about

iam pitchin' my two
cents thas all

but it seems like u got
2 cents of your own

1997 cl 5spd.
aem cold air intake
eibach prokit springs / kyb agx adj. gas shocks
wing west front lip
clear corners / debadged trunk
silverstars
sony xplod face / 780 watt. logic amp.
2 10 inch rockford subs / remote

next: 18's/headers/greddy evo./nitrous kit:
Old 06-20-2003, 07:08 AM
Advanced

Never tried meguirs three step......hear it was good stuff tho. Thanks for the two cents...just trying to get a idea on what to buy for wax...price vs. performance
Old 07-07-2003, 03:29 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Well I finally tried the Nu Finish Paste yesterday. I was let down. It's streaky. Not sure if the 100+ temp screwed up the results. I'm going to put another coat on and I'll post back. But the results from the first coat were a let down.

I should also mention that I put on 3 coats of Meguiar's Body Scrub before the Nu Finish. So, the surface should have been ready for wax.