wats the proper way to wax the Black TL

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2004 | 08:40 PM
Advanced

wats the proper way to wax the Black TL

Sup guys
i got a 04 TL Black night hawk and i claybar then meguiars gold class wash and then i NXT it. Whats the proper way to applay the meguiars wax on a black car. Do you go in circular motion...how long do u keep the wax on ....do u put it on and then wax it off what exactly do you do because i have heard all different things. I have all of meguiar brand stuff let me know cause i hope i didnt mess up my car.
Old 05-17-2004 | 09:00 PM
Former Sponsor

TL car care questions....I wrote a reply in there about proper washing methods, thats a good start....
Claying should consist of a clean clay bar, and a lubricant (I use water when i rinse, but ive been doing this for some time now!) So stay with a quick detailer lube. Use about 1/3 of the bar, thats all you need. generously mist the section, and lightly rub the clay back and forth, it will be resistant at first until you start breaking some of the contaminates off, then it will glide rather easily. When it glides real good, you know youve done an adequate job, move to the next area. With polishing, wich i believe is a must before any wax or sealant, should be done in similiar fashion, with a sponge applicator, and back and forth motion, in small areas, 2x2 or less. Dont be too generous with polish, its the more difficult of products to get off if applied to generous. Use a microfiber to remove the polish. Same fashion with the NXT, but its a heck of a lot easier to remove ! Again, microfiber all the way.....PM me with and additional questions.....
Old 05-17-2004 | 10:22 PM
never stops!

DoubleV69, NEVER EVER do a rotating or circular motions. Always go back and forth on hood, trunk and top and up and down on sides. This is when washing, drying, waxing and polishing. Doing this will have minimum swirls on the black car. See the result of my black wax/polish job at;

http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80672

I never ever have made any circular movements on my car since I bought it.
Old 11-06-2004 | 08:02 PM
Cosmo

2005 Black TL

I have always thought of myself as a car clean nut. My cars are always very clean. Just picked up 2005 Black TL and I have never used a clay bar. When would I use this? Doesn't weekly washing, and periodic waxing work? I use all Eagle products, wash, spray wax between hand waxes and Nano technology wax. Should I be doing something different with this car?

Note: I have had it for 4 days and am completely in love!
Old 11-06-2004 | 09:14 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by joeincs
I have always thought of myself as a car clean nut. My cars are always very clean. Just picked up 2005 Black TL and I have never used a clay bar. When would I use this? Doesn't weekly washing, and periodic waxing work? I use all Eagle products, wash, spray wax between hand waxes and Nano technology wax. Should I be doing something different with this car?

Note: I have had it for 4 days and am completely in love!
Washnig should be on an as needed basis. And theres nothing wrong with using Eagle products, there are better, but EO are good. There several sticky's in the wash/wax forum for claying, washing, wheel cleaning, read each one carefully as there is some good info as well as input from other experienced members. Generally speaking, i like to clay twice a yr, and detail every season.