Wash/Wax procedure tell me if correct

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2015, 09:32 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 61 Likes on 47 Posts
Wash/Wax procedure tell me if correct

Cloudy today so this is what I plan to do:

1. Use water spot remover spray on my car (recommendations?)

2. Then wash the car with optimum no rinse

3. Then use a spray wax (recommendations?)

Also when I spray wax, what areas to avoid? Do I wax the headlights and grill also?

Thanks!
Old 09-30-2015, 07:21 AM
Pro

Received 165 Likes on 135 Posts
Originally Posted by rockyboy
1. Use water spot remover spray on my car (recommendations?) Why? Are there mineral spots/bird droppings etched into your paint? Why "pre-wash" before washing?

2. Then wash the car with optimum no rinse. If your car is dirty, this is a waste. Just do a full wash and spend a few extra minutes with your lady.

3. Then use a spray wax (recommendations?) Save your money and pay a little for any over the county Meguiars/Mothers/Turtle Wax carnuba or synthetic wax. Spray wax and cleaner wax are a waste. You're already waxing the car, put on something that wont burn off in a day.

Also when I spray wax, what areas to avoid? Do I wax the headlights and grill also? Follow the directions and warnings on which ever bottle of wax you bought.
But seriously bro, go read any decent detailing website on how-to's .. or even read the sticky's on this site. The time you waste putting up these numerious threads to humor us is getting kinda rediculous.
The following users liked this post:
justnspace (09-30-2015)
Old 09-30-2015, 07:23 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
2nd thread on this very same subject....
in your other thread, jesstzn gave you great pointers....follow his lead
Old 09-30-2015, 09:51 AM
Pro

Received 232 Likes on 165 Posts
1. Use water spot remover spray on my car (recommendations?)
Why are you so obsessed with water spots?. Are you sure the spots in question are actually water spots? Are they by chance located all over the sexy looking Batman logo at the front of your RDX?
Old 09-30-2015, 11:43 AM
Burning Brakes

After a heavy rain storm yesterday ended, I went to the driveway at night. I noticed the white RDX had water droplets still all over it. The other vehicles (silver) did not. The water already evaporated off those. So I'm thinking either the white RDX has a cooler temperature to it so the water doesn't evaporate as fast or it still has some sticky stuff from the factory that holds the water in place. The next morning, water was still there didn't all evaporate. Wasn't until later that it evaporated. So whenever there is a lot of sun, causes lots of water spots. One main reason I want to wax is to prevent water from sticking to the car as much.

Originally Posted by RDX-Rick
Why are you so obsessed with water spots?. Are you sure the spots in question are actually water spots? Are they by chance located all over the sexy looking Batman logo at the front of your RDX?
Old 09-30-2015, 10:20 PM
Pro

Received 232 Likes on 165 Posts
One main reason I want to wax is to prevent water from sticking to the car as much.
As mentioned earlier, water spots will occur when water evaporates and leaves the minerals behind on the surface. Waxing will not stop evaporation and the resulting water spots. In fact wax will cause water to form into droplets rather than spreading into sheets on painted surfaces. The spots will just be more perfectly formed than on a non waxed vehicle.

The big difference is that the wax provides a protective layer on top of the paint. The spots will not etch into the paint and require special chemicals and machine buffers to remove.

Whether you wax or don't wax, the only way to prevent water spots is to remove the water before it evaporates and leaves the minerals behind.
Old 09-30-2015, 11:43 PM
Burning Brakes

Sounds right. Time to clean out the garage and move the vehicle in.

Thanks

Originally Posted by RDX-Rick
As mentioned earlier, water spots will occur when water evaporates and leaves the minerals behind on the surface. Waxing will not stop evaporation and the resulting water spots. In fact wax will cause water to form into droplets rather than spreading into sheets on painted surfaces. The spots will just be more perfectly formed than on a non waxed vehicle.

The big difference is that the wax provides a protective layer on top of the paint. The spots will not etch into the paint and require special chemicals and machine buffers to remove.

Whether you wax or don't wax, the only way to prevent water spots is to remove the water before it evaporates and leaves the minerals behind.