UPP Spray

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 10:35 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UPP Spray

Just got done claying my car and I have some UPP spray. Is this as effective as the UPP liquid with polycharger or should I get some UPP liquid and apply this as my base coat and just use the UPP spray as a monthly maintenance. Or will the UPP spray give me the same results if I use this montly. I have done the UPP spray and then applied the BeesWax Carnuba. Good results but I think sticking with just a polymer sealant is the way I want to go now. Thanks
Old 12-15-2008, 11:22 PM
5o9
'05 TSX 6MT

My spray is "Ultimate Gloss Enhancer", just a quick detailer.

Don't know what you have, but it probably won't hurt...

Two coats of UPP is great. Then maintain with topping of your choice between details. I have found that carnuba gives great depth on top of UPP for my silver car...
Old 12-16-2008, 12:06 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,770 Likes on 4,341 Posts
Originally Posted by 5o9

I have found that carnuba gives great depth on top of UPP for my silver car...

Hmmm, interesting. I picked up some Megs 26 (?) Yellow Wax a little while back.

Couldn't help it; it was at the auto parts store and so was I - it was fate.

Been wondering what to do with it. Wasn't sure if putting it on top of UPP was worthwhile or not.
Old 12-16-2008, 01:02 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
The new Four Star Spray Wax with PolyCharger is actually a combination of UPPS (Ult Paint Protection Spray) and UGE (Ult Gloss Enahncer) !!
I prefer UPP as a base, then you can top with just about whatever you desire, be it another layer of UPP (My fav 2nd coat product), a spray wax, or a Nuba paste. My philosophy was/is, if your going to use a topper, make it worthy of topping UPP with.
Having UPP as a base coat, and then applying a spray wax monthly is a sound regimine as well as my most often recommended procedure. .
Old 12-16-2008, 06:25 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by exceldetail
The new Four Star Spray Wax with PolyCharger is actually a combination of UPPS (Ult Paint Protection Spray) and UGE (Ult Gloss Enahncer) !!
I prefer UPP as a base, then you can top with just about whatever you desire, be it another layer of UPP (My fav 2nd coat product), a spray wax, or a Nuba paste. My philosophy was/is, if your going to use a topper, make it worthy of topping UPP with.
Having UPP as a base coat, and then applying a spray wax monthly is a sound regimine as well as my most often recommended procedure. .
Thanks ExcelDetail. since I still have 32oz of the UPP spray left should I just use this as my base or do you recommened buying some UPP liquid and applying this as a base and then doing montly maintenance with UPP spray or is that too much UPP (UPP liquid followed by UPP spray every month). Thanks
Old 12-16-2008, 07:16 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Cecilt
Thanks ExcelDetail. since I still have 32oz of the UPP spray left should I just use this as my base or do you recommened buying some UPP liquid and applying this as a base and then doing montly maintenance with UPP spray or is that too much UPP (UPP liquid followed by UPP spray every month). Thanks
Where in the country are you? The UPPS you have is an excellent protection product, but its not quite what todays UPP is. My advice: UPP as your base, followed monthly with the UPPS. That would be the best case scenario. That UPPS works excellent atop anything actually!