UPP+DWG & "Newb" wash/detail Questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 10:42 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 118 Likes on 86 Posts
UPP+DWG & "Newb" wash/detail Questions

Has anyone used UPP topped with DWG combo on a silver car? I have a 09 TSX in Palladium Silver and the rains we've been having in Chicago has dirtied up the car quite a bit.

For when I do apply it, should I clay the car first even tho its fairly new? Also, when I'm ready to apply the UPP, will IPA/H20 be enough to strip off anything that was put on? The car felt pretty slick when I took delivery and I could tell there was something applied to the windows.

As for the wash, I have 2 gallons of OTC car wash detergent that I got on sale over the winter. Should they be ok to use for a weekly wash or should I just reserve them for clay lube and get some ONR that I've been reading about? I'll definately get some ONR for the Chicago winters

For the leather, I'm not sure if I should go with Four Star products or Lexol. Any suggestions?

For the tires, I've used Black Magic on previous cars but hated the look of brown tires after the gloss wore off. Any recommendations for a nice gloss/semi gloss look similar to what was on it from the dealer?

For Excel: Any ETA of when you will be getting DWG and the heavy sheepskin mitts back in stock?

Thanks for the help, the wash/wax forum is the shiznit hehe.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:21 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 293 Likes on 253 Posts
Originally Posted by thunderbt3
Has anyone used UPP topped with DWG combo on a silver car? I have a 09 TSX in Palladium Silver and the rains we've been having in Chicago has dirtied up the car quite a bit.

For when I do apply it, should I clay the car first even tho its fairly new? Also, when I'm ready to apply the UPP, will IPA/H20 be enough to strip off anything that was put on? The car felt pretty slick when I took delivery and I could tell there was something applied to the windows.

As for the wash, I have 2 gallons of OTC car wash detergent that I got on sale over the winter. Should they be ok to use for a weekly wash or should I just reserve them for clay lube and get some ONR that I've been reading about? I'll definately get some ONR for the Chicago winters

For the leather, I'm not sure if I should go with Four Star products or Lexol. Any suggestions?

For the tires, I've used Black Magic on previous cars but hated the look of brown tires after the gloss wore off. Any recommendations for a nice gloss/semi gloss look similar to what was on it from the dealer?

For Excel: Any ETA of when you will be getting DWG and the heavy sheepskin mitts back in stock?

I'll answer the tire question .. before you dress the tires use a good tire cleaner .. Like Wesleys Bleech Wite ... Optimum Tire Gel gives the finish your looking for ,, get a bottle if your ordering from Excel
Old 06-06-2008, 11:44 AM
Burning Brakes

I have a bottle of the wesleys for when i was cleaning floormats but is it ok for the finish on the wheels. The stuff on the back side was stateing some stuff that made me kind of nervous using it on anything other than steelies.
Old 06-06-2008, 01:21 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Ummmm, all the time!! On my silver pickup!! Killer combo!

IPA, 50/50 will suffice. Claying is subjective. If you think it needs it, run your hands over it with a plastic sandwich baggy. That will be the tell all indicator.
Problem with claying, is more often then not, you should polish afterwards.
So if you decide to clay, consider polishing. If you dont need to clay, use the IPA 50/50, or a paint claner, then apply your DWG and UPP.

What product is it???

FS by a landslide (If it was me) And not just because I sell it. The DG leather twins are nice as well.

EIther Surf City Black Tire Pro, or Optimums Tire Protectant.

DG should arrive today!! Wooot! I have a case of sheepskins which I have yet to go through. May yield an Ultra or two!

And yes, this place is the shiznit, because of it fabulous contributors!
Old 06-06-2008, 02:05 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
FS UPP FTW! for sure, the stuff is awesome, slick as shit!!!!!!
Old 06-06-2008, 03:13 PM
Matt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UPP, IPA, DWG,

acronyms for what?
Old 06-06-2008, 03:40 PM
Suzuka Master

I have a bottle of the wesleys for when i was cleaning floormats but is it ok for the finish on the wheels. The stuff on the back side was stateing some stuff that made me kind of nervous using it on anything other than steelies.

Its fine on all wheels except alloys that "aren't" clear coated. Use per instructions.
Old 06-06-2008, 03:46 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by STL+3.0CL
UPP, IPA, DWG,

acronyms for what?
UPP - Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection
IPA - Isopropyl Alcohol
DWG - Danase Wet Glaze

http://www.exceldetail.com/
Old 06-06-2008, 05:25 PM
Former Sponsor

WHile were on the subject of acronyms.......WTF is FTW ?
Old 06-06-2008, 07:00 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For the win! damn patrick, you old man! lol
Old 06-06-2008, 07:06 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My personal favorite combo this far is:

Finish Kare 1000P, DWG, 1000P, Durgaloss Aquawax
Old 06-06-2008, 08:57 PM
2016 E350 Sport

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Thanks Patrick!
Old 06-06-2008, 10:06 PM
Burning Brakes

I just checked the car wash soap, its Blue Coral. Should it be ok for weekly washes?

Excel: the wash mitt thats included in the Excel Gold Kit, is that a heavy wash mitt?

Thanks for all the help again

Last edited by thunderbt3; 06-06-2008 at 10:09 PM.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:08 PM
Suzuka Master

I just checked the car wash soap, its Blue Coral. Should it be ok for weekly washes?

Should be fine .. use lots ..its not the best but will do .. next time try the Megs NXT wash .. or the gold class .. a little more slippery.

I use it often.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Excel: the wash mitt thats included in the Excel Gold Kit, is that a heavy wash mitt?

Thats a medium Thunder..........