Took the Zaino plunge

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2004, 10:53 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Took the Zaino plunge

Well, I finally did it - got Zaino on my TSX. Started with the "unthinkable" - washed the car with a dish liquid.
I ended up using Palmolive since that's what I had at home. Definitely noticed beading going away. My dealer actually put a decent coat of wax.
I used to think that since my car is only 4 weeks young there cannot possible any contaminants
in the paint. Boy, was I wrong. And the clay bar really works (Another thing I doubted)
Ended up with 2 coats of Z2+ZFX. The car came out really nice.

Initially I was a bit intimidated by what seemed like a complex procedure. But it wasn't
a big deal. It ended up being a great experience and the second time I'll feel like a pro.

The entire process would have been flawless if it wasn't for the f*!@ tree next to
my driveway that kept dropping flakes/flowers. As soon as I finished washing the car,
I had to move it inside.

After hearing and reading all those great things about Zaino I am now a believer.
Old 05-08-2004, 09:28 AM
I'm Bling Bling !

Had to do it:

Old 05-08-2004, 10:03 AM
Instructor

Welcome to the club! The more coats you put on, the easier it is to clean. Also, in case you haven't, you can apply zaino to the chrome trim on the hood and windows and also the headlights. Makes cleaning bugs and tar much easier! Just don't get it on a any plastic trim.

You can also apply it to your wheels (not tires!). I'm amazed how easy it is to clean the car. A quick wash, dry with a towel and apply Z6 and looks good as new.
Old 05-08-2004, 10:37 AM
Advanced

I actually did apply it to the wheels and headlights. Now I have another dilemma:
I got the car because, let's face it, I love the way it drives. But now that is nice and clean I feel bad about taking it outside. Especially now in May there are so many insects just itching to take my car head-on.

I took some pictures but since it was getting dark and my garage is kind of small none of them came out good.
I'll definitely take some snapshots when it's nice outside.

There are many good car care products out there. Probably in some distant future I'll try some of them. But for now I'm a Zaino user