Todays detail, 07 Z06 (In rediculous heat)

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 01:02 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Todays detail, 07 Z06 (In rediculous heat)

Definetely one of the warmest weeks we have had in So Cal this Summer. I have had this one in the works for some time now. Same owner as the GMC Sierra i did a few weeks ago with all the water spots?
Great guy, and what a quiver of automobiles he has. On to todays detail, the Red (Not sure of GM paint code) 07 Z06. I was commenting after it was cleaned up, how it takes a different appearance of color from front to rear views, With the sun behind me, it appears brighter, and with the sun infront of me, the red really deepens. The owner even commented that it "popped" when i was done.
Very minor spiderwebbing, wasnt even a big concern to the owner, but I was able to reduce them about 50% with just a few additional passes with a 4" orange pad, UDM and some einszett Metallic polish. Followed up with Surf City Nano Seal, then Surf City Detailers Spray (Nuba based, and a pure pleasure to work with, and Im not a Nuba fan). I tried to use the Nano Shine Glaze Coat after the Nano Seal, but its kind of a tricky product to use (I think). Maybe it was just the heat in the garage or humidity, but it was "sticky". It's a real thin liquid, about the consistancy of VM. It applies real easy with a MF, and even clears out on its own, but what wouldnt/didnt clear out was rather difficult to remove. Even excess on the palm of my hand was literally sticky.
Wheels cleaned with Whiteknight 301 Powerstick, Surf City Beyond Steel Wheel Cleaner and Diamond Edge Wheel Dressing. I forgot my cordless and had to resort to hand cleaning until the owner got home and charged his DeWalt for me. Those front calipers are real close to the wheels and without this accessory, it just wouldnt have turned out as nice.

Tires dressed with Surf City Beyond Black Tire Pro, which was sprayed on, then wiped off fairly quickly, leaving a very matted dark finish, perfect for this owners "hot rod" as he calls it. I prefer to just call it a "machine".
Heres some before and afters.........

And one from the rear all cleaned up!

P.S. I get screwed again!
What is it with the hired help these days? How come they get the rides or driving priveledges? I found the work, did the majority of work, but I dont get the rides? Again, I missed out on all the fund. First my son gets a ride in this........

And now my son gets to drive the Z06?

I guess someone has to be the photographer eh?
Old 09-02-2007, 05:58 AM
its JDM yo!!!!!!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
great job as always
Old 09-02-2007, 05:09 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Patrick, what type material is used on the power stick and is it compatible with non acidic wheel cleaners or just use with your favorite wash? I like the fact there is no metal in its construction. Thanks, Danny . . .