Tint guy scratched my car.....Advise Please! (with pics)

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 03:36 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tint guy scratched my car.....Advise Please! (with pics)

Hey guys,

I need some help here on how to remove this scratch. I have scratch X and already attempted to use it on this scrath and it got the tail end of it out but not the main part. I can JUST BARELY catch my finger nail on it and that is why i'm not sure how deep it it. I don't have a PC and can't buy on now and i really would prefer to use some OTC things to get this out. So, i need some help here and here are the pics.....it was cloudy out so its hard to see. If you guys need more pictures to see it better, let me know and i'll try and take some later today or tomorrow.

Oh yea, and i did take it back to him because he broke my rear brake light too (which is currently drying after i applied Weldit to fix it), and after him saying he didn't break the light i wasn't about to mention the scratch to him. He does great work and everyone in my area recommends him but he is just one of those guys

Old 04-08-2007, 11:27 PM
2016 E350 Sport

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
The scratch does not look that bad. If the scratch is not deep then I would first try a clay bar with a detailing spray. You may also try some Megs Scratch X. Both products can be purchased at your local autoparts store. Good Luck.
Old 04-09-2007, 12:16 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
I would give the ScratchX another shot if thats what you have. Its designed for items and issues such as this. Take a MF, and put a dab about the size of your fingernail, and gently rub it along the direction as the scratch, do so until the product dissapears. Then wipe dry.
Sweet, clay isnt going to do anything for it, thats designed for topical issues!
I will be carrying a German made scratch repair system in a few weeks, if all trials go as promised.......
Old 04-09-2007, 12:21 AM
4drs just wanna have fun!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BBB
Old 04-10-2007, 12:06 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by exceldetail
I would give the ScratchX another shot if thats what you have. Its designed for items and issues such as this. Take a MF, and put a dab about the size of your fingernail, and gently rub it along the direction as the scratch, do so until the product dissapears. Then wipe dry.
Sweet, clay isnt going to do anything for it, thats designed for topical issues!
I will be carrying a German made scratch repair system in a few weeks, if all trials go as promised.......
So i finall had time yesterday do a small detail on the car and found 1 new LONG scrath about 16" long on the passenger front door. I got out my ScratchX and went to town on that one first, then moved to this one. After goig to town on this scratch for a good 10-15mins (about 5-6 passes) i finally got about 95% of it gone. The point right where it started (the deepest part) i don't think will come out with ScratchX however, it really isn't that bad and i may just leave it.

Patrick, any ideas to get that little section of the scratch out?

Also, i posted some pictures in this thread after my wash, dry, ScratchX, Fours Stars UPP Spray, and 303'd the interior....let me know what you think... https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37193

AND man does that Four Stars UPP make the car slippery.....i have the Xzilon coat on it from the dealership and that UPP just sealed it up really nicely. I even used it on my wheels.....so a big thanks to Patrick :thumbup:
Old 04-10-2007, 02:24 PM
Former Sponsor

Did ya notice it a little slicker the next day? Something weird it does after a little cure time......T S X Y!
Old 04-12-2007, 10:42 AM
Three Wheelin'

Did ya notice it a little slicker the next day? Something weird it does after a little cure time......T S X Y!
YES i def did!! However, after a rain and a few days sitting outside now, its starting to loose its "slipperyness." Patrick, how often do i need to apply the UPP, is that something i can just do after every car wash? Same thing for the wheels as well?
Old 04-12-2007, 10:42 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Accord_V6_400m
BBB
Oh yea, and what does BBB mean?
Old 04-12-2007, 12:31 PM
Former Sponsor

Im not sure about the BBB, but.........
UPP, use every other month, the UPPS, once monthly. I think you got the UPPS didnt you?
Old 04-12-2007, 12:46 PM
Pro

BBB <--- Better Business Bureau I guess the suggestion is to file a complaint with them about this guy/business.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:17 PM
Advanced

can you tell a little about what this is?
Old 04-12-2007, 01:21 PM
Three Wheelin'

Thanks Patrick, and yea i got the UPPS. Can i use a QD in between the UPPS just help tide it over?

I would also like to hear about your German Scratch removing system

thanks for the heads up on the BBB too, i had no idea what that meant. I don't think i could ever do that unless some REALLY messed up big time....just me though.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:51 PM
Former Sponsor

Thanks Patrick, and yea i got the UPPS. Can i use a QD in between the UPPS just help tide it over?
Certainly, but wash before reapplying UPS.
I would also like to hear about your German scratch removing system
2 part polish, and 4 part wetsand.
"Unattractive scratches in the paintwork of cars are unavoidable over time. This German Repair System removes scratches, small marks and scuff marks quickly and reliably from all paint finishes (including metallic). Two different special polishes can be used to eliminate both slight and deep scratches. Simply apply the paste and polish. Through the superior action of QUIXX the paint finish shines with a new lustre. This offers an added bonus in maintaining the value of your car, motorcycle, caravan or boat, etc. Suitable for all paint finishes (incl. metallic). 7-piece set comprising two tubes scratch remover, one polishing cloth, and four strips of special sandpaper."

Im still awaiting my samples. But I know the perfect area on my car to address......Pics will follow.......
Old 04-12-2007, 06:48 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jwood_06TSX
YES i def did!! However, after a rain and a few days sitting outside now, its starting to loose its "slipperyness." Patrick, how often do i need to apply the UPP, is that something i can just do after every car wash? Same thing for the wheels as well?
I also use UPP and UPPS, among other products - I would recommend DG AW for those in between upkeep. Gives back the "slickyness" as well as added protection and extends the longevity and durability of the initial layer.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:25 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Hawhyen51
I also use UPP and UPPS, among other products - I would recommend DG AW for those in between upkeep. Gives back the "slickyness" as well as added protection and extends the longevity and durability of the initial layer.
DG AW = Duragloss... ???

Patrick - that products looks very interesting however, i need to work on the whole PC thing before i try wet sanding....lol. Good luck with getting details and a supplier
Old 04-13-2007, 09:25 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by jwood_06TSX
DG AW = Duragloss... ???
AW = AquaWax
Old 04-14-2007, 11:11 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
How about an Acronym Sticky for us PWDKWYTA? (Or add it to the FAQs)

That'd be us People Who Don't Know What You're Talking About!

Who would know that someone who recommends a PC to detail their car didn't actually bring their Personal Computer outside to help with the wash? Seems like it would scratch the paint, though.

It would be a great help to have a Glossary!

Rob144
Old 04-15-2007, 02:02 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Rob144
How about an Acronym Sticky for us PWDKWYTA? (Or add it to the FAQs)
How 'bout
Originally Posted by Rob144
It would be a great help to have a Glossary!
I'll try to compile a list for everyone's benefit.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:27 AM
I can't find my garage

go Fuk him up! i got ur back, im a black belt 2nd degree..niggaaaaaaa! lol jk.. wait, i think i was 3rd degree..2nd 3rd..ehh same sh*t
Old 04-15-2007, 11:04 AM
Pro

re

he is responsible for all the damages and he should pay for them period!!!
Old 04-16-2007, 07:39 AM
Three Wheelin'

Ya, but he is the type of guy that if i like went after him for the scratch and the broken tail light, he would probably scratch the car again if he ever saw it in a parking lot of something. That is just the vibe i get from him......so i smoothed it over, and i fixed the brake light and the scratch is like 95% gone. I'll go after it again when i get a nice day.

mltk53 - haha, yea thanks, but your in CA and i'm in Philly....lol
Old 04-16-2007, 10:33 PM
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
sorry 'bout the scratches, bro. i am gearing up to get my windows tinted, and your situation is exactly why i hesitate.

today i had my first oil change done and had the tires rotated. i felt weird about asking them to make sure not to scratch my wheels when they removed & mounted the tires/rims.

lol -- i even asked the facilities person today at work about switching my space in the parking garage b/c i worry about the person next to me dinging me. i don't even know whose car it is...just get a bad vibe about the "way" they park and the lack of exterior maintenance. haha...

bad things always happen to my car when i'm not in it....
Old 04-17-2007, 02:24 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
try this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/QUIXX-Car-Auto-S...QQcmdZViewItem

I used this and it has worked for me on scratches that look like yours.

Last edited by TL260power; 04-17-2007 at 02:27 PM.