Terry cotton, microfiber, ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2004, 04:02 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Terry cotton, microfiber, ?

I use a shammy (they're like sponges) for drying. And I use terry cotton pads for polishing and waxing. Recently, I read an article on Autopia that terry cotton can scratch your clearcoat. But terry cotton is supposed to be 'clearcoat safe' (just as it says on the package). The article was on microfiber, so maybe it was a little biased. Also, the article said it's best to dry a car with microfiber cloths.

But I want your opinions, as I have found this is the most reliable source for what's best for my TL. What do you guys use for drying or for applying polish, QDs, waxes, etc.
Old 06-01-2004, 06:31 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Vincent
I use a shammy (they're like sponges) for drying. And I use terry cotton pads for polishing and waxing. Recently, I read an article on Autopia that terry cotton can scratch your clearcoat. But terry cotton is supposed to be 'clearcoat safe' (just as it says on the package). The article was on microfiber, so maybe it was a little biased. Also, the article said it's best to dry a car with microfiber cloths.

But I want your opinions, as I have found this is the most reliable source for what's best for my TL. What do you guys use for drying or for applying polish, QDs, waxes, etc.
I use a sponge applicator for polishes and sealants/waxes, even with the PC its all sponge....I remove products with microfibers only, and qd with MF's....As for washing, sheepskin or MF Chenille loop wash mitts, dry with waffle weave MF's.....

Terry is not as gentle as MF's, in my opinion.....And i detail with the above items all yr long.....