A terrible weekend in Ocala Fl. 5 young lives taken...

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 07:12 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
A terrible weekend in Ocala Fl. 5 young lives taken...

Sad, very sad....................I feel for the families. Lord get them through this.....(And if your one of faith, a quick prayer is needed)
Let this serve as another reminder to our children (and ourselves), that speed and/or sudden impacts kill ......
I bet theres not a community on this forum that doesn't go through a similar scenario yearly.......I know it happens in my town. And still having one in high school, and another set to start next year, i still have troubles sleeping at night knowing my kids arent home......
We just have to do our best raising them by showing them lifes values and assuring them of our unconditional love..........then set them free and trust them, hoping they make the correct decisions in life....
Arghh...........such a senseless waste!!
Some strange info just learned also, this young man just joined a M5 board and that very day, was asking questions about shifting patterns and speeds. The readers responded by implying that car is "too much for someone your age", and "be careful, we dont want to see you on the news, cuz if you crash it, we will...."

Man what a great way to start my week eh?
Old 01-28-2008, 07:32 AM
Professional Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I saw this news item too, it's incredible how many kids my age and younger think they are able to handle a car with so much power at any speed. The car in that picture hardly looks like a car. Parents need to be more careful what they let their kids drive.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:45 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 293 Likes on 253 Posts
I'm just glad my kids are long past that age... and yes we even see it in small towns ... Last nite it snowed heavy here and just below my place is the steepest hill in the area .. everyine knows when it snows you don't drive up or down it you take the long way around ( an extra 6 blocks ). Hell you can hardly walk down it ... well last nite a youngin went down it because" I been driving 4 months and can handle my car at any speed .. any condition". The hill is only bout 600 feet lonf but intersects another road at a 90 deg at the bottom. Fortunately there was no one on the sidewalk or driving up the long way. They slid down .. tried to make the corner .. hit the sidewalk and flipped the car over the bank. It was a slow roll but destroyed thier dads car and sent 2 to hospital with minor injuries.

We have 2 a year like this and even tho its been in the papers with picturs near every year .. they still do it.

The majority of our winter wrecks up here are novice drivers or 4 x 4 owners. Police say that a 4 x 4 has 2 benifits over a 2 wheel drive .. 1) Can climb hills better .. 2) Goes further off the road into the ditch so its out of the way of sensible drivers.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:02 AM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Repost

https://acurazine.com/forums/car-talk-5/five-men-killed-after-high-speed-accident-airport-runway-383521/