AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   Wash & Wax (https://acurazine.com/forums/wash-wax-23/)
-   -   Strong good vacuum (https://acurazine.com/forums/wash-wax-23/strong-good-vacuum-961940/)

2012wagon 08-28-2017 10:39 AM

Strong good vacuum

Looking for a very strong and good vacuum for the car and trucks. See a lot of farm and dirt road driving

what's your recommendation ?

projektvertx 08-29-2017 05:53 AM

My stanley shop-vac does a nice job! Depending on how set in the dirt is, you'll probably need some product to help lift it.

2012wagon 08-29-2017 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by projektvertx (Post 16085478)
My stanley shop-vac does a nice job! Depending on how set in the dirt is, you'll probably need some product to help lift it.

thank you

dirt isn't set in but with weekly farm duties would like good suction power to keep the wagon clean, which is doing a trucks job

thank you will look up the Stanley one you recommended

08KBP_VA 08-29-2017 11:31 AM

I also have a version of the same as noted its a shop vac as well with car vacuum kit includes longer hose, and some attachments. Best thing ever got as xmas gift. There are tons of other vacs out there here is rating list below.

Top 10 Best Car Vacuum Cleaners Reviews - MyCarNeedsThis

They notes some cordless in the above surveys but I never had luck with the cordless, not enough power or reach.

2012wagon 08-29-2017 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by 08KBP_VA (Post 16085720)
I also have a version of the same as noted its a shop vac as well with car vacuum kit includes longer hose, and some attachments. Best thing ever got as xmas gift. There are tons of other vacs out there here is rating list below.

Top 10 Best Car Vacuum Cleaners Reviews - MyCarNeedsThis

They notes some cordless in the above surveys but I never had luck with the cordless, not enough power or reach.

Not looking for cordles

The one you have is the stanley shop vac? Are those the $50 ones?

I read you have to buy their bag on amazon etc?

08KBP_VA 08-30-2017 06:53 AM

I got the Home Depot version bags are readily available not sure where my brother got car attachments package for it. Not sure what he paid since was xmas gift.

rockstar143 08-30-2017 07:40 AM

I mean, much like Q-tips becoming what you call a cotton ear swab...
I think there's a good reason why Shop-Vac is known as the vacuum that sucks real hard.
Rigid works too, but personally, I'd go with Shop-Vac...get a decent sized one with a big motor. You won't have the best mobility and the strongest motor all in one, I don't think.
That thing can handle anything.

Also, if you have the cash, get the laser cut weathertech tray mats...nothing really gets around them onto the carpet that way.

2012wagon 08-30-2017 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by rockstar143 (Post 16086257)
I mean, much like Q-tips becoming what you call a cotton ear swab...
I think there's a good reason why Shop-Vac is known as the vacuum that sucks real hard.
Rigid works too, but personally, I'd go with Shop-Vac...get a decent sized one with a big motor. You won't have the best mobility and the strongest motor all in one, I don't think.
That thing can handle anything.

Also, if you have the cash, get the laser cut weathertech tray mats...nothing really gets around them onto the carpet that way.

thanks

I will get the shop vac

will I'll stop by a Home Depot this weekend

I have the weather tech in the truck and the wagon it's just traveling on 10 mile dirt road takes a toll

and I am tired of paying for gas station horrible vacuum with no suction

2012wagon 08-30-2017 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by 08KBP_VA (Post 16086235)
I got the Home Depot version bags are readily available not sure where my brother got car attachments package for it. Not sure what he paid since was xmas gift.

how long does the bag last for you ?

rockstar143 08-30-2017 01:34 PM

Yes sir...
Shop Vac is the way to go, man...Rigid is good too...
others, sure thing...but if you think about being able to use it to drain your AC drain line and suck up while you cut drywall and anything else, it's a no brainer...
more versatile than you'd think to get a wet/dry vac like that. And you can just shake out the filter out in the street and it'll last indefinitely as long as you don't submerge it repeatedly IN the dust.

Are you getting dust in the car from just driving down teh road? The topper on my F150 does and it annoys the shit out of me...all my tools are white now.

Flipster23 08-30-2017 01:39 PM

I have a Shop Vac. It's pretty damn good. I've used it to suck water out from a pipe that busted in my water meter box. Mine is bag less as well and the filter is inexpensive to replace.

The vacuums at our local "self car wash" are pretty durable too.

thoiboi 08-30-2017 02:17 PM

I have a Crafstman shop vac

and then a Dyson

08KBP_VA 08-31-2017 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by 2012wagon (Post 16086605)
how long does the bag last for you ?

It lasts quite a while as I have dedicated shop vac for water/shop stuff, this is wet dry vac as well. I got the item as a gift with extra bags and including the kit below.

Thoi - I wanted the craftsman but this worked out well since was a gift plus its a shorter and fits well with limited space in my garage.

http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pro...b5829_1000.jpg

2012wagon 08-31-2017 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by rockstar143 (Post 16086611)
Yes sir...
Shop Vac is the way to go, man...Rigid is good too...
others, sure thing...but if you think about being able to use it to drain your AC drain line and suck up while you cut drywall and anything else, it's a no brainer...
more versatile than you'd think to get a wet/dry vac like that. And you can just shake out the filter out in the street and it'll last indefinitely as long as you don't submerge it repeatedly IN the dust.

Are you getting dust in the car from just driving down teh road? The topper on my F150 does and it annoys the shit out of me...all my tools are white now.

Thank you kindly.

I am gettig tons of dust from the road yes. Due to a farm out in the desert, with no rainfall, tons of dust. Tacoma interior bed with camper is white. Wagon leather is turning white.

rockstar143 08-31-2017 11:28 AM

OMG, that is infuriating.
I kinda want you to go buy a beater F150 to do the work in. :tomato:

2012wagon 08-31-2017 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by 08KBP_VA (Post 16087042)
It lasts quite a while as I have dedicated shop vac for water/shop stuff, this is wet dry vac as well. I got the item as a gift with extra bags and including the kit below.

Thoi - I wanted the craftsman but this worked out well since was a gift plus its a shorter and fits well with limited space in my garage.

Thank you

Super dumb question

I used to have a DYSON back in the day when we had carpets in the civilized world. It had a thing, where once then container got full, I would just empty it. No bags no nothing.

Are there NON BAGS shop vacuum and is that recommended for easier maintenance ?

2012wagon 08-31-2017 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by rockstar143 (Post 16087288)
OMG, that is infuriating.
I kinda want you to go buy a beater F150 to do the work in. :tomato:

Well the plan for the Taco was a beater... but alas it still hurts to see anything new dirty. Wife's WRX was taken there once (since Lexus LS600hL didn't make it -thats what she traded the WRX for), but the ground clearance is worse. She's tired of the WRX anyways, so its gonna go soon. Should have never bought it. Interior quality is garbage.

2012wagon 08-31-2017 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Flipster23 (Post 16086621)
I have a Shop Vac. It's pretty damn good. I've used it to suck water out from a pipe that busted in my water meter box. Mine is bag less as well and the filter is inexpensive to replace.

The vacuums at our local "self car wash" are pretty durable too.

Perfect

That answers my question. I didn't know if there were bag less ones.