so confused...

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 06:16 PM
Team Nighthawk Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so confused...

some of you guys would remember me but im the one that compiled the list of car care products... well i got my tl and i went to go buy the car care products at pep boys but i went to the aisle and ive seen a lot of varieties like the meguiars wash soap there was 3 kinds and shit im soo confused.... can anyone tell me specific top of the line products for my car... i need products for everything.. and i was thinking about ordering it online? what do you think.. if i should what are some nice cheap sites... if you guys need the list i compiled to help you list the products i might need let me know.... just tell me the products and name and stuff.. i dont know what to get... i know there are some professional detailers on this forums can you take 5 min out of your precious time and list me the products a beginner might need to detail his tl...
Old 03-02-2005, 07:44 PM
Instructor

there are way too many good products to list but i'll give you my favorites. anything from Einszettes. for interior i like their Cockpit Premium(dash), Teifenphleger(dash or tires), Shlibenklar(windows), Gummiphledge(rubber trim and seals). for exterior all of their polishes. I also like Four Star's line of products. Zanio is great as is P21S/S100.

A great place I order everything from is DetailersParadise.com they have the best service i think i've ever come across and they ship orders within minutes from when they are placed. plus they are just plain good people.
Old 03-02-2005, 07:57 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
I vote for Four Star line....They have paint cleaners, which is probably all you would need being as its a new car. If it has light spiderwebs and swirls...Go with their Swirl Mark remover....Their Polymer protectant is hard to beat, and still under $20.00 for 16oz....Thats enough for three years worth of protection......They also have tire gels, wheel cleaner gels, leather protectants, a complete line of car care items.....
Old 03-02-2005, 08:35 PM
Team Nighthawk Member

dam thats why im confused.. i was planning to go with the whole miguiars brand... but if you guys think four star is better then its cool.. but theres just too many products out there.. for a noob like me to chose one product is hard cause i never used any one of them before and i dont know what stuff i need.. i only the basics like soap,wax,leather,interior,wheels product.. but i know therea alot more.. so lets focus on miguiars i want miguiar products can you list some good items from them.... they have like 3 kinds of the same product this is what throws me off... i can post the list i compiled can you guys can list me some items... my car is real dirty and i wanna get it washed but i cant because im still stuck deciding which products to buy
Old 03-03-2005, 10:03 AM
Intermediate

Here's what I use and love:

Soap: Meguiars Gold Class (great stuff)
Wax: Meguiars NXT Tech
Leather: Anything pH balanced, preferably sprays so they don't get stuck in the perforated holes (I use Lexol, but I can only find it online).
Interior: Meguiars Gold Class vinyl cleaner/protectant
Wheels: Meguiars Gold Class wheel cleaner

I use the Gold Class stuff so much because it's easy to find and I haven't used a Gold Class product yet that I didn't like.

Overall, buy what you want; it's all personal preference.
Old 03-03-2005, 10:06 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
I would either go with the Meguiras Deep Crystal, or Mothers' new car care product line ! Hands down, there both great...Just make sure you get some quality microfibers and foam pads for applying and removing products. Dont be using t-shirts and rags on that baby ! Also consider waffle weave drying towels....