Review: Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless Wash

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 10:30 AM
Safety Car

Received 81 Likes on 50 Posts
Review: Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless Wash

Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless Wash

First I would love to make this review a Q&A format, Ill check this thread often and answer your questions.

I consider myself a waterless wash junkie. Between 3 of our cars I wash them weekly, with either Blackfire or Ultima.

Recently I had the privilege to test out the new Pinnacle Waterless Wash. I was really excited the first night I got the product to test them out. It was almost dark but I got pics of the front end all clean on my TL and I tried in my wifes passenger side door too for a test spot first…Now I think my neighbors think I am nuts for cleaning my car in the dark now….O well

Thoughts on why this product is different from other and why should it be added to your arsenal?? It’s a one stop shop, I tend to use a QD or spray wax after I do a waterless wash. With the Pinnacle this was not needed, the finish was LSP smooth and no streaking. This is very similar if not better than one of my favorite waterless that cost a lot more(Megs)..

With a Waterless wash don’t be afraid to use more, this is the one situation were I believe more is better, I used about 12 towels and 24 oz of liquid; so the concentrate is one amazing buy. 4 Gallons from the concentrate :righton:

Before I got started I gathered about 12 or so MF towels, I first did the panel on my wife’s car and then proceeded to my 2001 TL.

The product:

My dirty hood

Product sprayed and letting it soak for a minute

50/50 after the initial wipe.

All clean!!!!

Next I tried it on my Wifes car. 2010 Bronze CRV, look at the Civic in the background as a reference point.

Lastly I tried it on my other car, here I was trying to remove water spots.

Today I left the office at around 6 pm, my black car was parked so the front was facing the open part of the garage. I know earlier today it rained but didn't think it rained sideways like it did. The front of the TSX was covered in water spots!!

Luckily I still had the PLCWW in my TL

Since the temp was 55 outside I let it sit for a minute or two

WIped and all gone,

Finally Thoughts

Like I said I am a waterless junkie and usually need about 24 or so OZs to do a whole car.
Before I make a purchase of this I needed to know it works and it works really darn well

I will summarize what I did on the 3 cars and what I was looking/testing for.

1.White Acura TL- Car was lightly soiled mainly black dust from road construction. Sprayed wiped right off, and did not leave streaking or scratching.

2. Bronze CRV- My wifes car was heavily soiled, because of the color you cant tell but look at the pics and use the Civic in the reflection as a reference point. Here the product was sprayed and I let it sit for couple of minutes. Wiped to a shine.

3- Black Acura TSX- Perfect time to test for water spots!!! and it passed I am really picky on what I use on the newer Acura, and this stuff took the dried water spots right off, and I didn't even have to use a QD to follow up.

It passed all 3 test, dusty conditions, heavily soiled, and water-spots. Now I am about to order the concentrate. I really hope this helps yall make a informed decision, and if you have questions please ask.

-Dhaval
Old 10-19-2012, 11:56 AM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Am I missing something?

Originally Posted by dnd2984
Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless Wash
Stuff looks ok but you have me a bit confused. You mention 24oz of liquid and 4 gallons from the concentrate. I don't get it. The bottle says '16 fl oz' and nowhere does it say concentrate. Quite possibly I'm missing something here, maybe a little clarification if you please.
Also on the directions its says 'mist product liberally'. $13 for 16oz of product I'm not sure how liberal I'm going to be. Perhaps if they did offer a gallon size concentrate at a reasonable price I'd give it a shot.
But at almost a dollar an ounce in this spray bottle, thank you, no.
And 12 towels? That's quite a bit of laundry to clean a car.
I'm curious also, how you got to 'test' this product.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:45 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by siegs
Stuff looks ok but you have me a bit confused. You mention 24oz of liquid and 4 gallons from the concentrate. I don't get it. The bottle says '16 fl oz' and nowhere does it say concentrate. Quite possibly I'm missing something here, maybe a little clarification if you please.
Also on the directions its says 'mist product liberally'. $13 for 16oz of product I'm not sure how liberal I'm going to be. Perhaps if they did offer a gallon size concentrate at a reasonable price I'd give it a shot.
But at almost a dollar an ounce in this spray bottle, thank you, no.
And 12 towels? That's quite a bit of laundry to clean a car.
I'm curious also, how you got to 'test' this product.
On a normal waterless wash I use 24 oz or so of liquid. The spray I had is the ready to use, and yes that can get a bit expensive thats why I just ordered the concentrate. The concentrate can be diluted 32 parts water to one oz of mix. So a 16oz concentrate will make 4 gallons.

So that's 512 oz of mix to use,divide that by 24oz it should last me 21 washes Cost would be 4 gallons of distilled water, and the Mix is $18.00 so lets call it $21.00, total its a buck for a wash.

As for laundry, detailing is my hobby. I wash about 30 to 40 towels a week after cleaning all 3 cars.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:50 AM
My first Avatar....

Received 6,195 Likes on 3,975 Posts
Although this is a tempting solution for winter time cleaning, your towels must never be the same after this.
Old 10-20-2012, 11:42 AM
Keep'n it clean- Orlando

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
swirl mark city
Old 10-20-2012, 03:28 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 293 Likes on 253 Posts
OP have you compared it to Optimum No Rinse? To me its not waterless ,.... its more rinseless cuz you diluting with water.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:55 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 59 Likes on 55 Posts
I am curious on this compares with ONR v3 as well?

Thanks for the review OP!
Old 10-21-2012, 06:29 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by pttl
Although this is a tempting solution for winter time cleaning, your towels must never be the same after this.
Well in winter time I would go to those coin places and clean what I can off and then I would probably uses a rinsless and not a waterles, again it all depends on the condition.

Originally Posted by OntheJob
swirl mark city
I have been doing a waterless and rinseless on the TSX for 6 month now and no issue. YOu have to clean the media often.

Originally Posted by Jesstzn
OP have you compared it to Optimum No Rinse? To me its not waterless ,.... its more rinseless cuz you diluting with water.
In the rinseless wash market I love Meguiars D114, its a very underrated player, I have used ONR V2, Duragloss Aquawax Rinseless, and Blackfire.

Megs would get 1st place here and Blackfire 2nd.

With ONR I have to use multiple medias to clean, and never had issues with the others.

Originally Posted by vp55
I am curious on this compares with ONR v3 as well?

Thanks for the review OP!
Haven't tried V3 yet, I think, my last bottle I had the sticker that said new formula but dont know if it was 3 or 2. I bought that bottle in May 2012.