Rain + Ebony Leather ARGH!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 01:13 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rain + Ebony Leather ARGH!!!

Hello,

Ok, so I kind of have a bad situation here. I was stupid, and I left my sunroof tilted when I went in for a test today. Anyway's, it decided to rain, and the rain must have been blowing just the right way since my leather seat was covered in rain. Also, some of the rain managed to get on my Navigation screen, as well as the buttons below it. I immediately wiped down the seat when I got home (which was pretty much dry already), and wiped down the navi screen and buttons to the best of my ability. Anyway's, here are my questions.

1. How can I ensure that my ebony leather won't permanently stain? As of right now, it appears to be ok, but I'm hoping that later on today/tonight it won't look funny. I do regularly clean it using Zaino Z-9 and Z-10. Any thoughts? Should I apply more leather conditioner now, or should I wait and let it thoroughly dry out?

2. Is there any kind of clean method that I should utilize to clean the Navi screen and the buttons below it? I wiped them dry, but I fear that some rain may have gotten behind the buttons. Should I take some compressed air and shoot it at the buttons to see if any water comes out?

Any thoughts would be great!

Jeff

P.s. That's the last time I leave my sunroof tilted. I've had it open before in rain (tilted), and this has never happened before
Old 05-03-2008, 02:18 PM
Back in a TL again.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you pissed off the rain gods.... your screwed

seriously everything will be ok..
Old 05-03-2008, 09:49 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 293 Likes on 253 Posts
Compredded air might drive it in further . If you can .. park the car inside withthe windows .. roof open to let it dry .. should be ok .
Old 05-03-2008, 10:35 PM
Bone stock tl-s

Received 60 Likes on 46 Posts
or maybe take a blow dryer to the screen and buttons to dry out some of the h2o that might have got in. seats should be fine just let them air dry. then use some kind of leather conditioner. it's just water.
Old 05-04-2008, 06:10 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,012 Likes on 1,431 Posts
Originally Posted by jptl04
or maybe take a blow dryer to the screen and buttons to dry out some of the h2o that might have got in. seats should be fine just let them air dry. then use some kind of leather conditioner. it's just water.
I would not do that, the heat could end up hurting more of those components rather then helping. Leave your windows open in a garage and let it air-dry. Also just clean and condition your leather, it will be fine.
Old 05-04-2008, 07:39 PM
Bone stock tl-s

Received 60 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by csmeance
I would not do that, the heat could end up hurting more of those components rather then helping. Leave your windows open in a garage and let it air-dry. Also just clean and condition your leather, it will be fine.
c'mon man the heat coming out of a blow dryer isn't that hot! i mean just parking your car for a couple of hrs in 90 +degree weather, with the windows rolled up would get the interior/dash console much hotter than any blow dryer those of us living in cali can attest to that. either way blow dryer or air dry should be fine