Quik Surf City Polish review

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007 | 09:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Quik Surf City Polish review

Just a quick summary of some pre-release products from Surf City Garage. SC called and asked if I would appraise some new polishes due for release very soon. I happily obliged, and as with all SCG products, there was little dissapointment. The polishes havent ben named yet, so we will stick with a compound and final polish.
Keep in mind, its on a white Chevy Pickup, so differences appear subtle.
After QD

After a QD, Orange Erasure, UDM, and 3 passes.

I actually did the top 1/2 first, then took the two pics.....
1s, the compounding step. As stated, I used the Orange Erasure with the UDM. They actually sent me some pads for a rotary, but I wasnt near one so went with the UDM. The compound has quick bite, slightly above average workability. Not quite like Optimum or FOur Star Body Shop polishes, but it does get 'er done, and fast. I noticed some gumming up with the Orange, but that may have been due to my inexperience with qty and the product in general. My initial thought was "this needs some additional lubrication". Additional lube would no doubt cut down on its quick bite though, so theres a fine line that has to be discussed. Overall, its a nice compound off the shelf! Cant wait for trying it on something a little darker then white, when I have some time!
I give it a 8 out of 10.
I followed up with the Final Polish (but didnt take pics as I had to run), which was amazing. Very light dusting (which I will talk to them about). Again, it may be it just needs a tad more lube. (OR maybe Im just spoiled!?)
Very, very velvetty smooth when polishing (I used an Orange pad which was not appropriate) but this all kind of happened "because I had a few moments to tinker". White or Black probably would have been a better choice, but I only had an additional Orange. This stuff wiped away like a polymer, and left a real bright, uninhibited surface. Not real slick, but really, really clean feeling. Kind of unique actually.
Followed it up with nothing other then UPP. Only cuz i had it close by. I would have rather tried Nano Seal by SC, but you can understand, it all just kind of happened! Not a thorough testing, but I did get a chance to evaluate it.
Looking forward to its release, maybe with a tweek or two!!??
Old 12-15-2007 | 11:59 AM
FTW

Looks good pat!