Quick Protection

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 01:54 PM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Quick Protection

My car is covered in dust, dead bugs, and bird poop. My carbon grey now looks like light beige/grey. I can spell my name out on the hood. Last Sunday, I drove my car from Chicago to Champaign (2 hours) and parked it in an alley for the week. The alley is very very dusty and rocky, and hence my car is dirty as hell. I am going back to Chicago this weekend then back to Champaign on Sunday. I will wash the car in between the rain or even while it's raining on Saturday. But is there some type of quick protection I can put on the car before I head back to Champaign? Are those quick detailer stuff worth it? I plan to do the whole wash, clay, wash, polish, wax thing next next weekend so I am looking for something temporary. I already have clearbra on the front and back (the dust made my clearbra lines very visible... ).
Old 06-09-2006, 03:52 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you want a quick and easy over the counter wax/sealant here are a few to look for:

Aquawax Duragloss (Parts Source carries it)
Eagle One Wax as you Dry
Meguairs Spray on Wax

In that order. All of them will get you a good month plus of durabilty and will make the car shiney. None of them will repel dust or remove scratches (obviously).
Old 06-09-2006, 05:55 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
I would go with Optimum Car (Spray) Wax.......Polymer and Nuba protection in the time it takes to quick detail........

Last edited by exceldetail; 06-09-2006 at 05:58 PM.
Old 06-09-2006, 06:20 PM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by exceldetail
I would go with Optimum Car (Spray) Wax.......Polymer and Nuba protection in the time it takes to quick detail........
If I apply it this weekend, will it come off next weekend I do the full detailing? I plan to clay the car anyways so I guess it won't do any harm to apply the Optimum Car Wax. Also, will this be a good bi-weekly quick detailing spray for later down the road? I plan to use Klasse AIO followed by PS21 wax and then a quick spray every 2 weeks or so.
Old 06-09-2006, 06:41 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd have recommended OCW had I known you had time to shop online. It's definitely my pick for an awesome spray on sealant/wax.

It will be removed when you clay next weekend.

OCW isn't a quick detailer, it's a spray on polymer with some carnauba, so it actually offers the full protection of a sealant/wax, just in spray form. I use it every time I wash. Enjoy.
Old 06-09-2006, 07:49 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JackieO
OCW isn't a quick detailer, it's a spray on polymer with some carnauba, so it actually offers the full protection of a sealant/wax, just in spray form. I use it every time I wash. Enjoy.
Well said, and it shouldnt be used s a QD, its much to credible of a product to be used in that fashion......
A great QD is Clearkotes QuikShine..........