Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2005, 08:16 PM
Life's a beach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Questions about Rejex

I just purchased this Zaino kit: http://tinyurl.com/442sw

But since buying Zaino, I've been reading some previous threads about Rejex:
http://tinyurl.com/7au6v

This stuff is intriguing. I have a few questions I wonder if someone can answer for me:

1. Rejex is supposed to be applied right over the paint. (Although I see that one person in that thread applied Rejex as the final step in a Zaino process.) It certainly makes Rejex sound intriguing, though, if all you need is one product rather than Zaino's complicated Z-2, Z-6, Z-8, ZFX, yada yada yada. Would it really replace all of those Zaino products?

2. Is Rejex made out of the same kind of stuff as one of the Zaino products (say, Z-2 combined with ZFX maybe)? Or is it some totally different compound? I notice that Rejex says it is not a wax, while Zaino promotes itself as "the best car wax in the world."

3. Rejex even looks like it could function great as a wheel and tire glosser and protectant too, thus eliminating the need for two other separate products. I see threads where people say that after they applied Rejex to their wheels, all they have to do to clean the wheels after that is just hose them off and the dirt falls right off. Sounds good if it's true.

The pics I've seen of Rejex'ed cars really look great -- shiny and slick. Just wondered if there are pros and cons that I'm not picking up from what I've been reading so far.
Old 06-25-2005, 10:09 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 978 Likes on 330 Posts
I was given some samples and even bought some. I definately didn't like it. It wasn't nearly as slick as most of the products I buy. It did hold up well, it was just very flat as far as looks go, similiar to zaino IMO

I sent a sample over to Exceldetail, maybe he can give his opinion as well. Ever try it Patrick?
Old 06-26-2005, 12:51 AM
Life's a beach

Hmm, Zaino looks "flat"?

That's a new one to me. From all the pics I've seen of cars that have had the Zaino treatment, I can't say that I've seen one that hasn't looked anything less than reflective -- many times even shockingly so -- which is the reason I bought the Zaino kit.

Just curious, why do you think it looks flat? What do you use that's better?
Old 06-26-2005, 09:29 AM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 978 Likes on 330 Posts
reflectivity isn't exactly what I look for. They both have good reflections, zaino more then rejex. But they don't do anything to the paint ot make it pop.

I like products that ad depth and pop to metallics, etc. Zaino and Rejex just don't do it for me. They look flat.

Right now my new wax of choice is Natty's Paste Wax, but I still think my current favorite is p21s/S100

to add, I use rejex on wheels and glass and it works great
Old 06-26-2005, 10:09 AM
Life's a beach

Thanks for the info. I'll have to give the stuff a try for my wheels and glass.