Professional detailing in Northern Virginia or DC area...recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 11:58 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Professional detailing in Northern Virginia or DC area...recommendations?

Can anyone here recommend a professional detailer in the DC metro area (preferably in Northern VA or off 270 in MD)? My baby needs special attention!
Old 06-01-2006, 10:00 AM
2003 Acura MDX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by VTHokieTL
Can anyone here recommend a professional detailer in the DC metro area (preferably in Northern VA or off 270 in MD)? My baby needs special attention!
me and you both, there is this place next to my house that charges 80 bucks for the wax & polish...and i think they clean up the engine too, which is a nice touch.

Ive never been there though, but i might take my car there unless someone says otherwise... I need my car waxed for the summer.
Old 06-01-2006, 03:52 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why not DIY? Your initial investment will be about the cost of a full detail and you will have the tools and products to perform subsequent detailing for the next couple details. If on the other hand, there is some reason or circumstance, then I would seek the services of a pro. A full exterior detail can cost anywhere from $150 and up, depending what needs to be done. Here's a search site for detailers in the VA, D.C. & MD area. Visit a couple of em and check out their shop and look at their work (they usually have a portfoilio). Inquire specifically about what you need done i.e. clay, polish, seal, remove swirl marks, type of product used either carnuba or polymer, durability and longevity of product, and what you would have to do for upkeep. Good Luck.
Old 06-02-2006, 07:54 AM
2003 Acura MDX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hawhyen51
Why not DIY? Your initial investment will be about the cost of a full detail and you will have the tools and products to perform subsequent detailing for the next couple details. If on the other hand, there is some reason or circumstance, then I would seek the services of a pro. A full exterior detail can cost anywhere from $150 and up, depending what needs to be done. Here's a search site for detailers in the VA, D.C. & MD area. Visit a couple of em and check out their shop and look at their work (they usually have a portfoilio). Inquire specifically about what you need done i.e. clay, polish, seal, remove swirl marks, type of product used either carnuba or polymer, durability and longevity of product, and what you would have to do for upkeep. Good Luck.
i would detail my car myself, but i really dont have the time, i start my new job monday....

but thanks for the info