Preventing hard water marks when washing car

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 07:13 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Denzil
So if I'm to wax my car, I may get water spots? I'm not quite sure I understand your logic here.
No, what I'm saying is that some car wash soaps contain wax.The wash that I have used that sometimes will leave spots is Eagle One Nano Wash & Wax.This is the only car wash that I have used that does sometimes spot.I was just asking because I have seen this happen on my vehicles.I,m not trying to question your knowledge of auto detailing, if it sounds like I am sorry.I was just trying to help.

I understand that is not the problem in this situation.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:49 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did you ever have your car compounded to remove the water etchings? from your previous posts it seems pretty clear to me that the water spots you keep referring to are etched into your clear. If the Vinegar didn't remove them they are probably etched in. From that point it is key that you keep a layer of protection on the car with either a paint sealant or Wax or both. When I drive in the rain my car is nearly dry when I pull in my garage because the rain beads right off my car from the wind. You absolutely have to keep a coat of wax/sealant on your car at all times. That along with the drying/washing tips given you should be good. If you are looking for a good filtration system I have this... And it works great and is portable.
http://www.portablewaterdi.com/markets.php

Good luck
Old 01-28-2009, 01:52 PM
The Detailer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by triggerman
No, what I'm saying is that some car wash soaps contain wax.The wash that I have used that sometimes will leave spots is Eagle One Nano Wash & Wax.This is the only car wash that I have used that does sometimes spot.I was just asking because I have seen this happen on my vehicles.I,m not trying to question your knowledge of auto detailing, if it sounds like I am sorry.I was just trying to help.

I understand that is not the problem in this situation.
Ah I see, I was just trying to understand your statement. It's interesting that it only seems to happen with the Eagle One stuff. Maybe you should try it with distilled water.