Pop up shades?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 03:01 AM

Received 322 Likes on 182 Posts
Pop up shades?

OK summer is the worse time for me to wash and detail my car due to the sun. I don't have a garage big enough to work comfortably and no trees big enough to help me. So I am looking into pop up shades.

EZ Up is near my area but they are pretty expensive. So I saw another brand called Swiss Gear which is reasonably cheaper than EZ Up.

Since a 10x10 canopy will not cover the car, I was planning to get side walls too so I don't have to position the canopy away from my car, trying to catch the angle of the shade. I don't want to settle for anything beyond 10x10 due to the price.

What do you guys think? Any of you guys have experience in these pop up shades and know where I can find cheap ones? I'm not looking for quality of the fabric. I just need shades to detail and wash my car.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:29 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mdkxtreme
OK summer is the worse time for me to wash and detail my car due to the sun. I don't have a garage big enough to work comfortably and no trees big enough to help me. So I am looking into pop up shades.

EZ Up is near my area but they are pretty expensive. So I saw another brand called Swiss Gear which is reasonably cheaper than EZ Up.

Since a 10x10 canopy will not cover the car, I was planning to get side walls too so I don't have to position the canopy away from my car, trying to catch the angle of the shade. I don't want to settle for anything beyond 10x10 due to the price.

What do you guys think? Any of you guys have experience in these pop up shades and know where I can find cheap ones? I'm not looking for quality of the fabric. I just need shades to detail and wash my car.
Md, check the companies warranty and return policy. If they are worth a damn, they should have a decent warranty. Also provide a link so we can further check it out! I have an EZ-up that went awry after a few years, then I micky moused a repair. Still works, its certainly easier putting it up with two people though.

I feel your pain, I freekin hate Summers in So Cal....