polish and wax complete kit?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 01:44 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
polish and wax complete kit?

looking to polish and wax black tsx for the first time

the car has swirl marks everywhere as far as i can tell.

kept the car clean for the past 1.5 yrs but never waxed

seems like a daunting task and i don't mind putting in a day (or two)

to do it

is this overkill if i get both of these sets?

http://www.bettercarcare.com/articles.php?articleId=47

Sonus SFX Ultimate Detailing Machine

and

Sonus Klasse Complete Kit with Polycharger

one kit contains sfx 1,2,and 3

the other klasse all in one (do i need both or pick one or the other based on what each offers?)

do these kits contain the wax? i see a wax called the p21s not in the kit. is that better than Meguires( #26?) for my black finish?

some people have recommended meguire's product for black cars here

some say use zaino or Menzerna or.... see where i'm going?

i've looked at all this stuff before but put if off due my inability to absorb all the info. now that i'm looking again i find it no less confusing.

i gotta get off the fence and wax the dang car already.

somebody give me a push (advice) please thx!

Last edited by bosmet; 03-26-2008 at 01:48 AM.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:51 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Your up for a couple days worth of work possibly!
#1, that first kit will do nothing for swirls. Theres not even an abrasive swirl mark remover in it! Gawd I hate it when people advertise something, that really has no ability whatsoever, to remove swirls. Klasse AIO is purely dependant upon pad selection, for swirl removal. It is a paint cleaner for cryin out loud!
The Sonus package is way better IMO. It has the 3 polishes which will enable swirl removal. Although I find $70.00 for 24oz of polish, MF's, 2 pads, and some bonnetts (not necessary) quite steep. I could do the 8oz Optimum trio with 6 Supreme MF's, Orange/White(x2)/Red Erasure pads for around $200.00 + S/H.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:47 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 293 Likes on 253 Posts
Originally Posted by exceldetail
#1, that first kit will do nothing for swirls. Theres not even an abrasive swirl mark remover in it! Gawd I hate it when people advertise something, that really has no ability whatsoever, to remove swirls. Klasse AIO is purely dependant upon pad selection, for swirl removal. It is a paint cleaner for cryin out loud!
The Sonus package is way better IMO. It has the 3 polishes which will enable swirl removal. Although I find $70.00 for 24oz of polish, MF's, 2 pads, and some bonnetts (not necessary) quite steep. I could do the 8oz Optimum trio with 6 Supreme MF's, Orange/White(x2)/Red Erasure pads for around $200.00 + S/H.
That including the PC/UDM?

And I agree 100% with your comment on the first kit .. why do thay do that? Marketing to get the guy in deep enough he has no choise but to come back to buy more stuff to get the job done?

The only swirls AIO will remove is any that are in the oxidized layer only. And that will be a very small portion.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:01 AM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll comment on the waxes/sealants. P21S is a carnuba and really doesn't have the durability or longevity of a sealant. You're better off IMO with a sealant (synthetic wax) and a forum favorite is FS UPP. A lot of the members love the results after using it. Megs #26 is carnuba based so go with #21. Menzerna has FMJ and cost a little more than the previously mentioned products. Zaino is a great product in terms of durability and shine. Regardless of what product you decide on, surface prep is paramount. You will get the best results on a surface free of defects and imperfections.
Old 03-26-2008, 02:02 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by exceldetail

if you can help me sort out all of my needs i would appreciate it.

i would like to get either the udm 1000 or the porter cable 7424. sounds like the udm has more power but is that a good thing for a beginner?

what are the recommended polishes, clay bars, glaze, sealants (this forum likes four star upp) (do i need wax after a good sealant?)

i have some car wash bought from kragen's (don't remember brand) should i get a better one or is this step good with any?

also what are all the different pads that i need, should i buy one of the pre packaged sets and add or buy all seperately?

thanks
Old 03-26-2008, 06:05 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey, bosmet . . shoot Patrick a PM. Here's a before and after pic of one of his detail jobs using UPP and DWG. You can read all about it here.