Picked up a rock after AZ meet!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2002, 05:11 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Picked up a rock after AZ meet!!!

Need help...

After the AZ meet, I was driving back on the freeway and I picked up a rock or a chunk of dry dirt and it left 3 scuff marks on the center of my hood. Any ideas to get them out? I haven't used Zaino yet and it's on order, but do you think the swirl remover would be able to handle scuff marks? This is far from a swirl...just looks annoying. Perhaps I'll try some wax/polish that I have at home to see if it takes car of it (since I will use Dawn before I apply the Zaino...

What do you think? I tried to post pics, but digicam wouldn't cooperate to get a clear picture of the scuff marks...
Old 08-25-2002, 07:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Can you feel it with you fingernail? If so, not much is gonna get rid of it.
Old 08-25-2002, 07:42 PM
Three Wheelin'

Yeah, I can feel it. I may just try to have the dealer buff out or do a wet sand on the area when I take it in for my damn recall on the water pump and timing belt.
Old 08-25-2002, 08:04 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Nothing personal but I wouldn't trust a dealer to wet sand my car.

Make sure you get everything in writing.
Old 08-25-2002, 09:18 PM
Honkey

Greetings,

It was great to meet you lastnight. Anyhow, assuming the scratches aren't through the clear coat it may require a slight wet sand and buff. Having the dealer or a reputable bodyshop do it is best, that way they're liable if they mess it up. My friend had some touchup work done on his RSX at Scottsdale Acura and wasn't please with their service at all. I've had bad luck there too. Bell Acura service is awesome, as far as I'm concerned. I've been dealing with Chad there for some time now. I'm pretty certain Zaino won't help you out on this one. Good luck.

-Aaron
Old 08-25-2002, 10:52 PM
Three Wheelin'

Yeah, I like going to Bell and they actually have been really good...I also go to Chad for my service (I've only done it once or twice). But I will see if they can do any kind of detailing there or not. Actually, they had Fat Albert's repaint part of my rear bumper when I first bought my car as well as helped to fix 2 very small dimples on my trunk. I can't tell where the paint and body problems were! Well, I know the guy from Fat Albert's goes there daily, so I will see if Chad can have him look at it and maybe help to buff it out or sand it out.

When I had my Integra, Scottsdale was actually pretty good at wet sanding my finish to get rid of some small scratches and I thought they did a good job, but since I plan on taking my car to Bell for the service on the recall, might as well try to see what they can do.

Nice seeing you guys out there too at the meet....maybe next time we get together I can find a spot to park.

Later....