Perma-Finish?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 11:16 AM
Safety Car

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts
Perma-Finish?

Has anyone ever heard of this? There is the place in Tucker (Atlanta) that advertises it. supposedly it's guaranteed for 6 years. I am the only person who ever washes my car, but I'm too scared to wax it myself because I think I will swirl it up. I waxed it once and ended up swirling it. but luckily my next door neighboor reffered me to a body shop guy and he got the swirls out. Everytime I wax I end up with swirls, I don't know if they are swirls or just residue from the wax, but from now on, I think I feel more comfortable letting someone else do the waxing.

Here's the link:

http://www.carconnectioninc.com/permafinish.htm

Last edited by WdnUlik2no; 07-04-2006 at 11:21 AM.
Old 07-04-2006, 11:24 AM
Registered TL Lover

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
sounds a little like bs in that if it worked like advertised it would have many companies making simular products since a local company can come up with this stuff why havent larger companies come up with something simular?
Old 07-04-2006, 11:53 AM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by WdnUlik2no
Has anyone ever heard of this? There is the place in Tucker (Atlanta) that advertises it. supposedly it's guaranteed for 6 years. I am the only person who ever washes my car, but I'm too scared to wax it myself because I think I will swirl it up. I waxed it once and ended up swirling it. but luckily my next door neighboor reffered me to a body shop guy and he got the swirls out. Everytime I wax I end up with swirls, I don't know if they are swirls or just residue from the wax, but from now on, I think I feel more comfortable letting someone else do the waxing.

Here's the link:

http://www.carconnectioninc.com/permafinish.htm
Here's a link to PermaPlate if you need more info about it. I believe it's a dealer applied option and costs more than what you would pay a pro detailer. You still would in fact, perform upkeep and maintenance (washing, for instance) and they recommend using their products. Eventually a sealant will break down given time and exposure to the elements.

As far as swirls go, it's inevitable. Any vehicle will at one time or another get them. You can minimize them by using proper washing techniques and poper equipment. They can also be removed using the right products and equipment. There are tons of info especially in this forum as well as help.
Old 07-04-2006, 12:57 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Boy, talk about a brain dump. You can totally disregard the PermaPlate info. Completely two different products. Sorry 'bout dat!