pc results w/kaio,ksg,psr,natty's

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 08:02 PM
ny'r residing in maine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pc results w/kaio,ksg,psr,natty's

I just got my pc and pad package with an assortment of waxes (many of which i researched on here) and i am so F!@$en amazed by the results. This was my first time using a pc but it felt like i already knew how to use it. The ac had gotten a thorough cleaning in sept.(claybar&paintcleaner etc.) so there wasn't much prep needed other than a wash with NXT. We used KAIO, then PSR, then KSG, then Natty's paste wax(blue for darker colors). I have never seen my NHB paint look so good, even though the clear coat sucks on these cars the klasses seemingly added another one. Just wanted to share the results. sorry for the pic overkill!!

Old 11-07-2005, 07:50 AM
Burning Brakes

Great job! Like those reflective shots.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:02 AM
Boom goes the Dynamite

The car looks great. After using my PC for the first time it made me wonder why it took so long to get one.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:10 AM
ny'r residing in maine

me too batman, i never realized what a poor job i was doing by hand no matter how many steps i did. The number of orbits per minute just beats the hell out of the 25-30 i could do by hand. I will never detail a car without a pc.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:03 AM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice job! One question tho, you mentioned using SR after the AIO? The SR is an abraisive and it would negate the AIO (basically a chemical cleaner with minimal abraisive qualities). Depending on the paint condition, I'll use a SR or a polish with an abraisive, clean with AIO (option), and seal (SG, UPP, EX-P) and if you want, an LSP (Naty's, P21S/S100). I've also used AIO topped only with Naty's. Just my The result is what we're all after, a deep, reflective look and durability courtesy of Klasse. It's all good.
Old 11-07-2005, 03:49 PM
ny'r residing in maine

thanks hawhyen, i was wondering about what the sequence was with the products that i used. I didn't know if i should clean it (the paint) before i swirl remover'd it. Very good to know and i also should say that i am amazed with the finish that the klasses leave. I would highly recommend them (like everyone else has already done). Thanks for the complements. Couldn't have done it without this section of the zine!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-07-2005, 09:53 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome to the addiction folks..................If you think you've stopped at Klasse, guess again, your going to want to try everything under the sun now....lol
Nice work by the way....
I might as well put my $.02 in here......:
Generally speaking, chemical cleaner such as AIO are better suited for surfaces which lack swirls. Being as AIO is abrasive free, you have to rely on pad selection for swirl removal. And if your using a pad to remove swirls, its cutting, and may be leaving some form of micromarring.....So in order to get that out, your going to have to use an abrasive polish. So, as said above, why bother with the AIO if your going to be using an abrasive polish anyway? Simple...Oxidation. Chemical cleaners will clean dead paint, and other forms of contaminants without the risk of micromarring.
What I normally recommend chemical cleaners for, is if you have oxidation, go ahead and use the chemical cleaner, then the polish to brighten the paint.
Can all of that be done with an abrasive polish? Probably, but then your putting dead paint into the foams cells, and clogging its performance, resulting in poor peformance and possibly non-stellar appearance. Take the slow and sure way when detailing....
"When its your car, every detail matters..."
Old 11-08-2005, 10:46 AM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Patrick, thank you for a more detailed explanation. I'm glad subject matter experts (SME) like you and others are around to expand and clarify topics. Covers my butt should I relay bad info and it's also info I can hold on to and use in the future.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:38 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 165 Likes on 127 Posts
Excel and Hawhyen,
If it wasnt for you two I dunno what I would do. I have learned so much from both of you. Thought I would just say how much you guys have helped me and how much I appreciate it.

Excel, YOU ARE RIGHT,........Im getting addicted to this stuff. I keep looking at sites thinking about stuff I could buy and use. Its looking bad, im starting to worry. I think tomorrow Im going to pick up some Natty's just for the heck of it (if the guy can meet up with me). I want Klasse and OSW and the new spray UPP stuff,.....its getting out of hand. Now my dad is talking new car,.......so I get to make his car look brand new PLUS work on the new virgin paint of a new car,.......hehehe. Just wish I had a PC or something,.....but I'm too poor right now.