Optimum NRWS

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 01:29 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Optimum NRWS

Hello,

I'm taking the plunge, and I'm going to order some Optimum NRWS. I've heard/read tons of great things about it, and I think that this will be a huge time save for me. I do have a few questions.

1. Do I need the mister/sprayer? I can go to the local coin OP and power wash (RINSE only) the car down prior to actually washing it with the NRWS.

2. I ordered 2 Pure Australian Heavy Sheepskin Washmit from Eurow from Pat at Exceldetail. Are those good? Should I order 2, or will one suffice?

I'd appreciate a quick response - thanks

Jeff
Old 03-13-2009, 01:46 AM
The Detailer

The mister/sprayer is more for what I call "insurance" or really "assurance" actually and is not necessary. However, some users swear by it but I have the technique down where I don't really need it (unless you throw a really muddy car my way). Going to the coin OP will help some as well.

Two sheepskin mitts should be fine for you. I personally use a Proline grout sponge from Lowe's and a Zymol sponge. I like them because they're cheaper and I feel I get to utilize ONR more with sponges instead of mitts. They're definitely worth a shot, especially since the Proline grout sponges go for less than $2 at Lowe's.
Old 03-13-2009, 01:48 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by Denzil
The mister/sprayer is more for what I call "insurance" or really "assurance" actually and is not necessary. However, some users swear by it but I have the technique down where I don't really need it (unless you throw a really muddy car my way). Going to the coin OP will help some as well.

Two sheepskin mitts should be fine for you. I personally use a Proline grout sponge from Lowe's and a Zymol sponge. I like them because they're cheaper and I feel I get to utilize ONR more with sponges instead of mitts. They're definitely worth a shot, especially since the Proline grout sponges go for less than $2 at Lowe's.
Crap, I probably should have ordered a mister... Can you purchase them locally at like Walmart? Crap!
Old 03-13-2009, 01:55 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by JLTSX07
Crap, I probably should have ordered a mister... Can you purchase them locally at like Walmart? Crap!
NM, i'll get one through Pat... Thanks guys
Old 03-13-2009, 01:59 AM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ You won't regret it...

Mister is good but not necessary if you keep on a steady washing cycle...like once a week.

The sprayer I have found to be required when there is more than average dirt collected on the paint. (I don't use it much)

The mister allows you to "pre-treat" to allow ONRW to help loosen up the dirt.

Last edited by nf3d0149ab; 03-13-2009 at 02:01 AM.
Old 03-15-2009, 12:28 PM
There's no Acura in

Also, if you do use the mister, make sure you spray a section at a time otherwise it'll dry up.

As for the mitts, mine turn black (from their original dark beige color) after a couple sections. Using another one when one gets too dirty may be better, but personally I bought two so that after the first one meets end-of-life, I've already got a new & unused one ready to go.
Old 03-15-2009, 02:47 PM
The Detailer

If you're lucky and the weather's perfect, you can actually get away with pre-soaking the entire vehicle, hehe.