One step polymer reccomendations?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 09:40 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 159 Likes on 100 Posts
One step polymer reccomendations?

OK, before the detailing gods flame and jump all over me, let me explain: I have used Zaino for the last few years and I need to buy new stuff, problem is, I just don't have the time to put into the Zaino process of multiple coats. I use clay and am looking for a good and easy process, are there any over the counter products worth using? I don't mind ordering a product online either, I am just not in a position to be able to do multiple coats with multiple products.

I want to clay, and then apply a one step product which does it all, is there such a product available which does a "GOOD" job?
Old 08-17-2008, 10:01 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have you looked into Zaino All in One or Klasse All in One? You could also try a one step wipe on sealant like Zaino Clear Seal or Optimum OptiSeal (which you can get through Exceldetail's site).
Old 08-17-2008, 11:48 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 293 Likes on 253 Posts
Nothing is going to do it all ... if you were using Zaino were you polishing out the swirling and oxidization with a PC prior to applying it?

Even the Klasse AIO or the PoliSeal has its limitations done by hand. Both will have a shorter life than a dedicated product like Zaino.

When you refer to "multipule coats " are you refering to the suggested Zaino proceedure? Which BTW is designed to sell his product.

In reallity all you need is the Z2 and the accelerator ( in my case Z1) and no need to keep layering it as it has diminishing returns adding life. In other words if 1 layer will last 4 months 2 aren't going to last 8.

Right now I am using PoliSeal topped with Megs #21 and getting 5 months life on properly cared for cars. BUT the surface is clayed & polished first.
Old 08-17-2008, 12:22 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Ahhhh..........ok, no flame, just a little heat though. The best cakes use the best ingredients. In other words, you can use an all in one, i.e. Optimum Poliseal, Duragloss Total Performance Polish, One Grand Clean N Wax, and get good results, but the protection values are no where near dedicated sealants like UPP, OptiSeal, or Megs 21.
If your insistent on using a AIO, go with Duragloss TPP (105), and use Duragloss AquaWax after each wash. MANDATORY for sustaining some sort of durability without prior polishing.
In my book, theres not a longer lasting or easier to use, all in one non abrasive protectant.