Not impressed

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2005 | 10:08 PM
Cruisin'

Thumbs down Not impressed

I just finished using the NXT polish for the first time. Washed and went over car in great detail removing all particles. Put it on and let is stand for about 10 - 15 minutes. It was very difficult to get off almost to the point of scratching the finish. The end result is nice but compared to the Meguiars Gold Wax, which I use on my wifes car it was a real pain in the rear.
Old 09-05-2005 | 12:43 AM
Former Sponsor

NXT vs GC regarding ease of use should have been a no brainer. Any Polymer for that matter vs a Nuba or 50/50 mixture. Keep in mind, NXT is not a polish, just a protectant. So if the surface isnt prepped properly, dont blame in on the product. You really need to prep. It would be like staining a peice of furniture without sanding it smooth/clean first.
Im not a huge fan of NXT, but it isnt a bad product. If it lasted longer, i sure would be though.....
Old 09-05-2005 | 02:21 PM
2016 E350 Sport

Sounds like the surface of your car was not prepped properly. NXT is EXTREMELY easy to remove. I'm not sure how your paint finish was prior to the application. If the surface was not baby smooth to start then it is definitely a prep issue.
Old 09-05-2005 | 06:08 PM
Instructor

Why are you leaving it on for so long? I usually only leave it on for a few minutes at that. ALSO...make sure to apply with a very light coat. A little goes a long way. I have found that for an LSP (last step product) NXT gives great shine. Especially the second day. The car color seems to darken a bit and give a real nice reflection. If you ever have trouble removing a wax or a sealant, simply spray it with some quick detailer . This will allow you to remove the wax quickly and easily. Let us know how things work out.
Old 09-06-2005 | 09:21 AM
Cruisin'

Smile

Okay all good advice. To clear the record. The car is just over a month old. It has been washed and detailed each week for the last four weeks in prep for its first polish / wax. I have spent a great many hours going over the paint in meticulous detail to ensure nothing gets under the polish. I think I just left it on too long and it hardened up a little more than it should have. The end result was a nice mirror shine but definitely not the wet look I am used to with Meguiars Gold. To help get it off I did use the NXT detaling spray. What product would you suggest I use for surface prep in the future? I did go back the next day and wax over it with Meguiars Gold wax and it definitely was a nice combination. Good shine with a little of the wet look.
Old 09-06-2005 | 02:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Are you looking to strip and start from scratch ? NXT spray isnt going to remove anything.....Are you willing to shop online or just stick with the DIY'er products available at your local auto /paint/body shop/Walmart etc..?
Old 09-06-2005 | 11:41 PM
Safety Car

Yea, you should look into other products rather than what's available OTC. Just view the Wash & Wax forum and see what others are using just to get an idea. You'll hear names like Poorboys, Zaino, Klasse, Four Star, Pinnacle, Sonus, and the list goes on and on. Granted you'll pay a little bit more but the results speak for themselves.