New White Car.... BROWN spots on paint? Paint imperfection?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2004, 04:03 PM
Adventurist.

Received 58 Likes on 22 Posts
New White Car.... BROWN spots on paint? Paint imperfection?

I have 2 light brown (barely noticeable unless you look closely, but they're there) spots on my left upper trunk and on my left side of my car, right of the driver's door between the B and C pillars. Both, each the size of a fist.

I just cleaned and waxed the car yesterday. I tried cleaning it up thinking it was just "any old dust spots" but it seems like it's under the clearcoat. Any ideas?

BTW, this car has <300 miles on it. Can the dealer do something about it?
Old 01-14-2004, 07:10 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can you feel the spots? You're probably right if it's under the clearcoat...maybe take it back to the dealer and see what they can do. See if you can find more spots as well. Paint isn't all that great on our cars...I've complained enough to the dealer about it.
Old 01-14-2004, 10:05 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I believe I have similar brown spots on my car that just sit there, do nothing, and make me think there is something wrong with the car. I clayed it a couple weeks ago and they were still there.
Old 01-14-2004, 11:40 PM
Adventurist.

No, you can't feel them. It's really under there. I clay barred the area today and applied fresh new wax, still there. I'm going to the dealer tomorrow and telling them. This car is less than a week old.

My theory: dents were removed in that area maybe?
Old 01-29-2004, 05:47 PM
cl-:P

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I used to work part time in a shop and we saw alot of this on many different brands of cars. If they will not come out just washing and nothing else works, usually it is oxidation spot or dirt on an under coat. To get it out we would wet sand it, and polish. If you find out that is what your only solution is, dont try to do this yourself, have a pro do it because if you dont know what your doing you could really destroy your paint. Im not very sure that the dealer would be willing to do anything.
Old 01-29-2004, 07:50 PM
Homeless

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by NiteQwill
No, you can't feel them. It's really under there. I clay barred the area today and applied fresh new wax, still there. I'm going to the dealer tomorrow and telling them. This car is less than a week old.

My theory: dents were removed in that area maybe?
Before you try wet-sanding or anything drastic...try Spray Nine...it worked on my white cl.

My car was in front of a dealership while the roads were being torn up & repaved...so it was covered in a brown, almost tar type, spotting. Spray Nine took it all off...no sweat. Spray it on, let it soak a few minutes & use your hand to rub it into the paint. Rinse, wash afterwards with some Dawn. Worked for me.
Old 02-02-2004, 04:08 PM
Adventurist.

Just to reply...
The dealer covered the charges with the body shop PLUS Acura and the Bodyshop insure the work for the life of the car, so if anything comes up, they'll take care of it.

The shop wet-sanded and polished the car. All the spots came out. It was looking awesome afterwards.

Thanks for the info guys!