NBP TL w/ swirls =( ..help and opinions please

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 01:33 AM
NBP is a pain...

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
NBP TL w/ swirls =( ..help and opinions please

Posted this on Meguiar's online. I thought I might as well post it here as well for some extra opinions on what products I should be using. I've heard Menzerna super intensive polish is the way to go but it's a bit too expensive for my taste at around 44 bucks a bottle. I am thinking of just sticking to Meguiar's product since they seem to work fairly well and are fairly cheap to boot.

I recently purchased a used G110 DA off craigslist and now need recommendations on a swirl remover, sealant, wax..etc as well as the types of buffer pads to use. I'm still debating between the meguiar buff pads and the lake country buff pads. Which is better in your opinion?

I'm new to all this so please be kind :-P

Products I currently have on hand are Meguiar's Swirl x and scratchx 2.0. Swirl x seemed to nothing to the hood. Most likely because I havent worked the product in enough.

The whole entire car is filled with swirls when parked in the sun. I have clay bared the vehicle and applied NXT 2.0.

here are a few pictures of the heavy swirls. Thanks in advance for your opinions on what products I should be using. I use a two bucket system to wash the car and use a meguiars car wash mitt. I have also purchased a gilmour foamaster foam cannon to prevent swirls.

Old 10-11-2009, 09:15 AM
Slythslyr

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i am no pro so i am sure a pro will step in and help you. but i have a Porter Cable 7424xp and some menzerna SIP, with an orange LC pad. I think that would work great for those swirls, afterwards i would use some type of polish, i use menzerna final polish with the blue pad. Final i would use some type of carnuaba or synthetic sealer. I use the 1Z sealant. It does give a nice shine and protects pretty well too. I would do a test area first to make sure you are using the right combonation. Now all of the products i listed are just what i use and u dont necessarily have to use those, just what ever you have i would def recommend some type of swirl remover. I used to have a Black STI and my paint looked like that, but a little elbow grease and it looked brand new. Oh and all those products i talked about came in a kit through detailers domain. Hope this helps a little bit.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:20 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Thats actually a pretty good recommendation. Also consider optimum Polishes and Compounds. The beauty of those two products is there interchangeability to mix. In other words if you want to tame the compound, add a little polish, if you want to boost the polish, add a little Compound. Orange is the mandatory pad for anything but light swirls, great foam compound!
Old 10-11-2009, 09:02 PM
NBP is a pain...

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
So as for the pads, I should basically get the orange pads and maybe some light polishing pads (the blue finessing ones, i believe??)
Old 10-11-2009, 10:06 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
I would immediately go to Orange and White, then select a non aggressive pad such as red for sealant app. Grey is for glazes and/or sealants.....