NBP Tips and Secrets

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2004 | 10:45 PM
The Man The Myth

NBP Tips and Secrets

Just took delivery tuesday . Already small scratches from dealed prep, this as probably been posted before . But what do you all recommend for removing the small scratches?
My interior color is parchtment, What to do to maintain?
Thanks in advance
Old 10-22-2004 | 11:28 PM
Former Sponsor

You could go cheap and quick.....Eagle One Nano Wax, or Megs NXT, both will fill very small areas, but have limited durability, Clearkote Vanilla Moosewax Hand Glaze followed by Clearkote Carnauba, or you can go full blown detail, wash clay, Megs #80, (light to medium duty polishing), then seal with something like a Klasse SG, Platinum (Fourstar) Polymer, Blackfire Polymer, EX-P, Megs Medallion, then even top with your fav carnauba, S100, Pinnacle, Clearkote Carnauba etc.
If your not familiar with proper detailing techniques or have questions about products, were here to help ! To name a few, Mike, Patrick, and myself will be happy to help..
Sheepskin washmitts and quality microfibers, waffle weave drying towels will insure scratchless performance.
Old 10-22-2004 | 11:30 PM
All Hail the Chief

First of all, congratulations on your new car!

You can use Zaino Z-5 to cover up the fine swirls you have now. Don't use anything too harsh, ie products with mild abrasives, because you'll just add a gazillion more fine scratches.

I'd be most concerned with preventing future swirl marks/fine scratches. It's pretty much inevitable, especially with NBP, but you can do certain things to lessen the amount you will accumulate.

- wash your car from the top down. Use a different wash mitt for the lower regions of the car, and for the tires/wheels. Constantly check for and remove debris in your wash mitts before and during use.
- use 100% cotton or a microfiber cloth for drying. Make sure it's clean before and during use. Use liquid fabric softener in leiu of the sheets.

NBP is like fighting a losing battle, the best you can do is lessen the impact that time has on your paint. Zaino, clean mitts and towels is pretty much what I do for mine.
Old 10-22-2004 | 11:51 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by JPritch
First of all, congratulations on your new car!

You can use Zaino Z-5 to cover up the fine swirls you have now. Don't use anything too harsh, ie products with mild abrasives, because you'll just add a gazillion more fine scratches.

I'd be most concerned with preventing future swirl marks/fine scratches. It's pretty much inevitable, especially with NBP, but you can do certain things to lessen the amount you will accumulate.

- wash your car from the top down. Use a different wash mitt for the lower regions of the car, and for the tires/wheels. Constantly check for and remove debris in your wash mitts before and during use.
- use 100% cotton or a microfiber cloth for drying. Make sure it's clean before and during use. Use liquid fabric softener in leiu of the sheets.

NBP is like fighting a losing battle, the best you can do is lessen the impact that time has on your paint. Zaino, clean mitts and towels is pretty much what I do for mine.
Im sorry, but i disagree with the using mild abrasive statement. Thats the only way to get rid of swirls and scratches. What makes them visible if the light refracting edge. If you can curtail the edge, the light wont refract, and you wont see it. Z5 will fill, thats it. Doesnt remove. Fillers are temporary. You can safely remove swirls and scratches effectively with proper techniques, and products. Also, adding softeners to microfibers is a no no. There actually water repellants, and who needs a water repellant when your trying to dry your car.
Old 10-23-2004 | 10:59 PM
The Man The Myth

Thanks for the input. Its been raining since i got the car tuesday. Today i washed and Quik d the car, only scratches were on trunk lid . Will be pickin up a zaino starter kit soon. Where is the best site to get this package ? Thanks again
Old 10-24-2004 | 12:21 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by steamer31
Thanks for the input. Its been raining since i got the car tuesday. Today i washed and Quik d the car, only scratches were on trunk lid . Will be pickin up a zaino starter kit soon. Where is the best site to get this package ? Thanks again
Not a Z'er, theres relatively few e-tailers that carry it, you may be better off going with Zainobros.com.
Old 10-26-2004 | 11:47 PM
Racer

I have been usuing 3M glaze ever since I got my 1st car as a teenager, and even today used it to get rid of a few small scratches and the residue left after cleaning off bird poop, love that 3m glaze!!