My TL got its First Bath today:)

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008 | 02:40 AM
Instructor

My TL got its First Bath today:)

After owning my TL for a month and many rainy days, I finally found the time to give it a nice clean wash. The rims were full of brake dust, and the car had pollen and was dirty all around from regular driving. I use Zaino Z-7 soap, and a super plush sheepskin mitt from Excel Detail. Boy does that car soap smell good!

It was also my first time ever using a Microfiber Waffle Weave, which I got from Excel Detail. I was able to dry the entire car with one 24" X 36" towel.

Back to looking great, now I can't wait to apply Zaino in the next few days or weeks

I know, I know, this post is useless without pics.
Old 05-05-2008 | 08:02 AM
Safety Car

what color is your tl...i will usually wash my car even if its going to rain within a few days....

you are going to want to atleast clay the car and polish it, then seal it up....i know its only a month old and all, i would hit it with the udm if you have one as well...big difference....get some pics up...
Old 05-06-2008 | 01:19 AM
Instructor

My TL is the 2008 Polished Metal Metallic, which is sort of like the older year Anthracite color.

Yes, I plan to go through the Zaino process and clay first, then layer up the goods. I don't have a UDM, but maybe in the next few years I will build up the confidence to machine my car, and also find the time to do it. For now, I am planning a good few hours to layer up the Zaino. Since it is now summer, I will be washing the car regularly (East Coast/CT Weather)
Old 05-06-2008 | 09:21 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by MustBeTL
I know, I know, this post is useless without pics.

Can you fix that problem???
Old 05-06-2008 | 10:14 PM
Senior Moderator

Zaino wax smells great, but the soap unmixed smells like cough syrup....
Old 05-07-2008 | 12:17 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by TS_eXpeed
Can you fix that problem???
I was going to take some pics today, but that wash sure didn't last!!!!

Pollen all over the car, and it must have gotten wet in the morning air and it looks like it has water drops all over it. Can't wait to get that coat of zaino on it so then it will wash up a little easier.

I am also going to invest in a California duster hoping that can help keep this ride clean.

About the zaino, I got the ultimate kit and the first thing I did was smell a few of them