My reasons to be thankful.........

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2007 | 01:25 PM
Former Sponsor

My reasons to be thankful.........

I have a beautiful wife and 3 fine children, all healthy and loving. A mother and father who survived cancer this last year although my wifes aunt just passed yesterday after a year long battle with it.
We will be spending the day with her cousins family, thankful its all over for her.........
Happy Thanksgiving to all, and take a moment to find reasons within yourself, why your the luckiest person in the world. Then wish me luck while I stand in line at 4am at Best Buy tomorrow to buy my new laptop...........
Old 11-22-2007 | 04:17 PM
FizzyStatus!

Originally Posted by exceldetail
I have a beautiful wife and 3 fine children, all healthy and loving. A mother and father who survived cancer this last year although my wifes aunt just passed yesterday after a year long battle with it.
We will be spending the day with her cousins family, thankful its all over for her.........
Happy Thanksgiving to all, and take a moment to find reasons within yourself, why your the luckiest person in the world. Then wish me luck while I stand in line at 4am at Best Buy tomorrow to buy my new laptop...........

Good stuff man

Oh..and you might want to go earlier than 4AM....I saw people today waiting at 4PM
Old 11-22-2007 | 05:37 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by ballinfizzle89
Good stuff man

Oh..and you might want to go earlier than 4AM....I saw people today waiting at 4PM

+1. I already have seen tents set up. I will be NO where near any of those places tomorrow!

Good luck though!
Old 11-22-2007 | 08:52 PM
Former Sponsor

Im desperate but not that desperate............
Old 11-22-2007 | 10:05 PM
FizzyStatus!

hahah! I know man..I was driving by there today...and I saw people with lawn chairs and blankets at 4PM!! That's a solid 13+ Hours of just sitting there!
Old 11-22-2007 | 10:40 PM
Pro

^^^

Yeah, like someone said at my house tonight, it all depends how much those savings are worth to you. If you're willing to sit out (in the cold here in Chicago) for 12+ hours to save $100, that's your choice, ya know? Now, on a laptop like Pat was mentioning, you might be able to save $300+.

I think I'm gonna try for Office Depot to get a 500GB external Hard Drive they have on sale for $80 and a MicroSD 2GB card for my new phone that I'm getting tomorrow as well for $18. Although, I'm not going early for those things, I'll show up when they open at 6:00 a.m., if they have it I'll be pleasantly surprised, if not oh well
Old 11-23-2007 | 06:30 AM
Pro

Pat - how'd the trip to Best Buy work out for you...?

I woke up at 5am, too early for me during my 5 day weekend, drove to Staples to get there right at 6:00 - I just wanted a hard drive. Well, the line was all the way down the sidewalk, around the corner, twisting around a dumpster and heading towards the Ikea, haha. I kept on driving. Plus after a fresh Optimum NRWS - I wasn't parking near anyone.

I drove past Best Buy for the hell of it on the way back and every single spot was taken (I believe they opened at 5am). They also had a hard drive on sale, but I wasn't going to attempt that. There will be more sales between now and Christmas.
Old 11-23-2007 | 09:39 AM
The Old Grey Whistle Test

[B]Happy Thanksgiving to all of you and your families[/B

I’m in the UK right now and they don’t celebrate Thanksgiving here, but I am always reminded of how thankful I am for surviving cancer (awhile ago now, but gone; never, ever, ever forgotten)

JonM (aka the old grey whistle test (TOGWT)
Old 11-23-2007 | 10:20 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by steve9207
Pat - how'd the trip to Best Buy work out for you...?

I woke up at 5am, too early for me during my 5 day weekend, drove to Staples to get there right at 6:00 - I just wanted a hard drive. Well, the line was all the way down the sidewalk, around the corner, twisting around a dumpster and heading towards the Ikea, haha. I kept on driving. Plus after a fresh Optimum NRWS - I wasn't parking near anyone.

I drove past Best Buy for the hell of it on the way back and every single spot was taken (I believe they opened at 5am). They also had a hard drive on sale, but I wasn't going to attempt that. There will be more sales between now and Christmas.
Steve, I didnt even attempt it. I went last year and there were several hundred people still in line, a couple hours after it even opened. Thats just insane...I kick myself (hard) for not getting the laptop online at Dell.....My wife even said to do it, but I guess Im just a tight ass, lmao. I hate spending money.
Jon buddy, were glad your here to tell us!
Old 11-24-2007 | 11:02 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by exceldetail
Steve, I didnt even attempt it. I went last year and there were several hundred people still in line, a couple hours after it even opened. Thats just insane...I kick myself (hard) for not getting the laptop online at Dell.....My wife even said to do it, but I guess Im just a tight ass, lmao. I hate spending money.
Jon buddy, were glad your here to tell us!
Yeah, I know what you mean. But like I said, is it really worth waiting in line ALL that time? I guess in your case, depending where you're at in CA, at least it wouldn't be below freezing, right Keep an eye on those laptops during this time of the year - you'll still be able to find a good deal. Also, another great time (based on my High School employment days at Best Buy, haha) is after Christmas when everyone starts returning things that they just didn't want. Once they open it, it gets marked down at many major retailers and you can find a pretty good deal here & there - especially if it sits on the shelves for a while.

Speaking of the Optimum NWRS from my previous post, I'm doing my Mom's car today with it. I just took some before pics. I'm waiting for the car to warm up in the garage since it's 21 degrees here - I don't want the water to freeze on the car! I'll post the before & after in the NWRS thread later today...