My Process

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 08:18 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Process

This is a write up I did awhile back, before I got my Porter Cable 7424, on how I detailed the exterior of my car and what products I used. I used to do everything by hand. The results were good, but using the PC the results are awesome. Sorry, but I do not have pics of the results for y'all to see. With the help of sites like www.autopia.org and www.bettercarcare.com I came up with this:

Tires and Wheels:

Step1: Before washing the car do the tires first. Use P21S wheel cleaner to clean the tires/wheels with an OXO Tire and Wheel brush.
Step 2: Let soak, follow up with wash mitt and then rinse.
Step 3: Dry tires/wheels with Sonus Der Wunder Detailing towel.
Step 4: For tires only, use 303 Aerospace Protectant tire dressing.
Step 5: Let soak for 10 to 30 minutes and wipe with Sonus Der Wunder Detailing towel.

Washing, Claying, Polishing, Waxing:

Step 1: Wash with Dawn soap, small amount, using a Sheepskin Wash Mitt
Step 2: Dry with Waffle Weave Drying Towels aka Sonus Der Wunder Drying Towel
Step 3: Clay using Poorboy’s Plastic Based Clay. Work in a small area. To wipe away, use a soft microfiber towel and buff.
Step 4: Wash with Meguiar’s NXT Wash using Sheepskin Wash Mitt
Step 5: Dry car Waffle Weave Drying Towels aka Sonus Der Wunder Drying Towel
Step 6: Polish with Poorboy’s SSR 1-3. Apply with foam applicator or terry cloth applicator using a back and forth motion, not a circular motion. Buff using Sonus Ultimate Detailing Towels.
Step 7: Use Klasse AIO using a Handi-Grip Applicator. Using a back and forth motion, do one panel at a time and allow Klasse to haze. Buff using Sonus Der Wunder Detailing Towel.
Step 8: Use Klasse Sealant Glaze 100% cotton terry cloth applicator aka Blue Perl Microfiber Applicator. Do not use a foam applicator. Use a back and forth motion to apply. Remove with Concours Buffing Towel.
Step 9: Use Natty’s Paste Wax. Use same instructions and care as the polishing step of AIO. Do not use a circular motion.

Window Treatment:

Step 1: Roll down windows about 1 inch, use Autoglym Glass Polish and Cleaner on exterior windows only. Roll up windows to finish. Use Sonus Der Wunder Detailing towels to wipe.
Step 2: For use on interior tinted windows use Plexus. Use a Sonus Der Wunder Detailing towel to wipe.
Step 3: For wiper blades use 303 Wiper Treatment.

*After the first wash, use Sonus Gloss Shampoo instead of NXT until the next time AIO and SG need to be applied, about every 4-6 months.
*For swirl remover use Klasse 1Z Paint Polish.
*For minor scratches use Meguiar’s ScratchX.
*Waterless wash, use Protect All Quick and Easy Wash.
Old 01-11-2005, 08:19 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If I have missed anything or you have a better product or how to, please let me know. Your comments/suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Old 01-12-2005, 04:14 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Klasse AIO does not have to dry or haze wipe on wipe off