Meguiars Tech wax

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2004, 01:29 AM
Safety Car

Received 81 Likes on 50 Posts
Meguiars Tech wax

What do you guess think of the tech wax. I want to give my car the best protection and shine. I know alot of people use zanio but has anyone used the tech wax. My car is WDP by the way and has many swirl marks to.
Old 11-02-2004, 08:42 AM
TL = Tranny Lubrication

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I use the NXT wax, works great, has a cleaning agent in it that helps get contaminates off. IF you have swirl marks, I would suggest using a polish to get them out first before you wax.

Zanio works great, you'll get a great wet look...
Old 11-02-2004, 08:50 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NXT is a good product. I'm a regular Zaino user, but used NXT through the summer. The slickness and durability falls off faster compared to Zaino with my experiences. NXT will fill in/hide swirls, but will not correct.
Old 11-02-2004, 10:58 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Its not the best of Polymers, but is pretty decent for light colors. Your going to have to address the swirls though, maybe try some Megs #9, or #80 if using a PC. They have a new NXT paste wax coming out in Jan, which should provide additional longevity....You have many options if shopping online, Blackfire, Fourstar, Wolfgang, Poorboys to name a few.....

Address your swirls before using any sealant though, you need to eliminate them, or at a minimum, reduce the visual effect.
Old 11-02-2004, 12:13 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 957 Likes on 328 Posts
Originally Posted by bearback27
I use the NXT wax, works great, has a cleaning agent in it that helps get contaminates off. IF you have swirl marks, I would suggest using a polish to get them out first before you wax.

Zanio works great, you'll get a great wet look...

the cleaning agents are so mild they won't do anything to really get contaminates off

Zaino is good, I find it reflects to much though and doesn't have any depth, that said Zaino looks great on silver cars, but NXT makes silver metallics POP!
Old 11-02-2004, 03:23 PM
TL = Tranny Lubrication

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^^ I agree, sorry I should been clearer. In order to remove the swirl marks a polisher should be used first. Thanks CLPower
Old 11-02-2004, 03:53 PM
Not a Blowhole

Received 32 Likes on 13 Posts
I thought the NXT was OK - it has a very mild cleaner, which i am not sure is anything more than the carrier petroleum distillate (example: NXT will barely clean a gold ring, while No26 will make your fingers black from its chemical and mild abrasives).

I used Zaino a few times, but prefer it on my S2000. The 3M Perfect-It Show Car Paste Wax is far better than the NXT - it has a tougher fluropolymer in an acrylic base, a lot of carnauba, and enough dimethyl-polysiloxane to give additional shine and longevity without the usual silicone "silvery sheen/cloud" on dark cars. Plus, it stood up to my test acid rain ( a light molar solution of sulfuric acid) better than anything else I have tried (I think in part because of 3M's technology advantage, and the fact that their product was derived, perhaps even just re-packaged, from their Marine Wax.

Unlike most quality carnaubas like Zymol or Pinnacle, the 3M wax likes to fully haze vefore removal - this also allows the monomer to form the fluropolymer by reaction with ambient water vapor.
Old 11-02-2004, 08:49 PM
Safety Car

Received 81 Likes on 50 Posts
how do i get Zaino
Old 11-02-2004, 09:32 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dnd2984
how do i get Zaino
Here's the link to Zaino Use this link for Zaino 101 to get a start if you haven't used it before.
Old 11-09-2004, 02:32 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Road Rage
I thought the NXT was OK - it has a very mild cleaner, which i am not sure is anything more than the carrier petroleum distillate (example: NXT will barely clean a gold ring, while No26 will make your fingers black from its chemical and mild abrasives).

I used Zaino a few times, but prefer it on my S2000. The 3M Perfect-It Show Car Paste Wax is far better than the NXT - it has a tougher fluropolymer in an acrylic base, a lot of carnauba, and enough dimethyl-polysiloxane to give additional shine and longevity without the usual silicone "silvery sheen/cloud" on dark cars. Plus, it stood up to my test acid rain ( a light molar solution of sulfuric acid) better than anything else I have tried (I think in part because of 3M's technology advantage, and the fact that their product was derived, perhaps even just re-packaged, from their Marine Wax.

Unlike most quality carnaubas like Zymol or Pinnacle, the 3M wax likes to fully haze vefore removal - this also allows the monomer to form the fluropolymer by reaction with ambient water vapor.

Just a question Rage. Will 3M Perfect-It wax be good to top-off Klasse SG ?
Old 11-11-2004, 04:20 PM
Not a Blowhole

Received 32 Likes on 13 Posts
I think it would work fine with any Klasse product, in any order of use.

For ultimate shine on my S2000 (the Garage Queen), I still go with a few base coats of Zaino or AIO, followed by a top coat of P21S or Zymol.

For outdoor cars like my TL, I think you need the base coat to be strong, so I use the 3M wax over a completely clean and smooth surface (using either the 3M Imperial Hand Glaze or Machine Glaze); a week later, after one or two washes, the wax/fluropolymer, and silicones have migrated evenly, "set up" chemically, and have no streaks; I then do one more coat of the 3M, and then every 3 months after that, i do a once over with the 3M Imperial, followed by one coat of the 3M Show Car wax. That regimen is working great on the TL: and the 1997 Outback, which has a very strong paint finish, even though it was "painted in America" - I am being sarcastic on that last point - I do not think American workers as a whole are poor, and the US assembly of Japanese models of Subies, Accords, Camrys, and yes, Accords and TL's are high quality in all respects. This has been validated by awards given to the carious domestic plants, and by audit studies done by the mfr's themselves.