Meguiar's Leather Conditioner

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 08:55 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Meguiar's Leather Conditioner

I have the spray on Leather Conditioner and I have to say I'm un-satisfied. I have a broken back and I shouldn't even be conditioning my leather right now but I love my car too much to conitnue to watch my leather get ugly. I have ebony interior and the solution made the leather darker so basically places I miss are blotchy and look ugly because they are a different color. TO be more specific, places I can see, but can't reach. Anyone experience this problem? I'm thinking of taking some time this weekend and going over it all again and then change to Lexol. What a waste of time.
Old 09-08-2004, 10:49 AM
Chloe @ 17mo

Originally Posted by donkeykang
I have the spray on Leather Conditioner and I have to say I'm un-satisfied. I have a broken back and I shouldn't even be conditioning my leather right now but I love my car too much to conitnue to watch my leather get ugly. I have ebony interior and the solution made the leather darker so basically places I miss are blotchy and look ugly because they are a different color. TO be more specific, places I can see, but can't reach. Anyone experience this problem? I'm thinking of taking some time this weekend and going over it all again and then change to Lexol. What a waste of time.
Meguiars sucks. I've used the wipes from them two times now and I don't feel anything different with the leather. All it does is make the leather all squeaky when you move around in it...
Old 09-10-2004, 05:47 PM
Banned

donkey kang, it might help if you spray that shit on to a rag, and then wipe the seats down....personal,ly, i never spray anything directly on to my car, because of the exact problem you stated, it gets too blotchy...i would try to spray the rag, it will make it much easier to apply exactly as much as you want

i used meguir's cleaner and conditioner, not the spray, but the one u apply to a rag....when i freshly did it, i had the same result as asian rage, but the next day, it was looking and feeling real nice....i guess jsut let it sit there for a while
Old 09-11-2004, 03:52 PM
2400 Watts in a TL...Why?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Meguiars makles three different kinds of leather treatment products.

there is the wipes, like asian rage said, I personally don't buy them. Wipes are usually a rip off $$$ wise.

They have a spray bottle, smells nice, works ok, no real complaints.

The third one is the only one by meguiars that comes in two bottles. They are aloe based, one bottle a cleaner and the other the conditioner. The correct way to clean your leather seats would be similar to the way you clean your skin, use a soap and wipe with water. Once it's dry use the moisturizing/ conditioner afterwards.
Old 09-11-2004, 04:14 PM
never stops!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
DonkeyKang, try using Zaino's Leather in a Bottle. I love it. Have kept my Ebony leather in mint condition for last nine monts. I've applied it just twice. Also it smell leather and I love it.
Old 09-11-2004, 08:18 PM
All Hail the Chief

Originally Posted by ResidualFreedom
The third one is the only one by meguiars that comes in two bottles. They are aloe based, one bottle a cleaner and the other the conditioner. The correct way to clean your leather seats would be similar to the way you clean your skin, use a soap and wipe with water. Once it's dry use the moisturizing/ conditioner afterwards.

I can personally vouch for this product. It's all I use now, and I love it! I have an ebony interior as well.
Old 09-11-2004, 10:53 PM
Racer

do these products help with seats bubbling and getting wrinkles? also, how often?

thanks