It may be break dust??

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 03:22 AM
UA6 NPB!!!!

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Exclamation It may be break dust??

Alright so here is the story. I took a year to travel overseas for fun before I finished school. I let my sis borrow my car for a while, she went to school. Little did i know she doesn't know how to take care of nice things. She literally drove my breaks into the calipers. to the point where there was basically nothing. And had break dust that she never washed off my rim. But it also went on the paint and i guess it baked into it or something. I've tried claybar'n the car. it got the majority of the thick layer of break dust off. I am not sure if that was the greatest Idea. someone can chime in their but I was just wondering if there is anything else I could try to get the color matching. I will take pics tom . but Just picture instead of dirty on your car its break dust lol.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:05 AM
The Old Grey Whistle Test

CarPro Iron X (AQuartz) - car paint, wheels and glass cleaner (safe for all wheels including painted aluminium and alloys). Automotive paint is porous, by using an acid salt solution on the paint surface the micro-fissures (‘pores’) are expanded by an exothermic reaction. This releases ferrous particles and caustic compounds that have developed in the paint's subsurface; the reaction agitates and loosens the particles allowing them to be rinsed away.

This is a one-step, highly effective vehicle paint decontamination, beyond what can be removed by washing or claying, with the cleaning power of an acid with a pH of 7.0, by using a neutralised acid salt

Neutralization is the reaction between an acid and a base (alkaline) producing a salt and neutralized base; common examples include acetic acid and sulphuric acid, it contains neutralised acid salt that effectively dissolve the sintered brake dust particles by forming a water soluble complex that can be rinsed away. Do not allow solution to dry on paint surface. The smell is similar to ammonium thioglycolate (its main chemical component) formulated in permanent wave lotion

It is really interesting to see the amount of iron particles residue that will be dissolved by Iron X, despite having clayed the car before hand. This product definitely offers advancement in paintwork decontamination
Old 10-14-2010, 12:28 AM
UA6 NPB!!!!

where can i buy this product? i went to a local shop and autobody place and no one carries it. any online stores you might recommend?
Old 10-14-2010, 04:22 AM
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by dannyboy10
USA dealer:

Phone: 1(716)860-6366
www.autoaesthetica.com
I see dannyboy10 may have found this in the states. I went to their site which is down, but give them a call.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:20 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Opt for a more aggressive (med type) clay for that brake dust. 9/10 times it will do the trick......
Old 10-14-2010, 08:42 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 293 Likes on 253 Posts
Originally Posted by TOGWT
[COLOR="Blue"][B]CarPro Iron X
Just a curiosity question .. TOGWT .. have you ever used this product?