Lexol Boo boo

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 07:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lexol Boo boo

Umm so if someone was to spray the lexol from the bottle onto the area with the holes....it cleans out the holes and leaves a spray mark how would one remove that...if that was to happen? :smackhead
Old 05-12-2004, 07:37 AM
Newbie for Life

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
Mr. Obvious Comment - Always spray the Lexol on your applicator pad first and then apply.

Anyways, I'm having a bit of difficulty understanding exactlywhat went wrong...but, I think what you have is spray marks on the leather from spraying the Lexol on the leather seats and leaving it there.

What I would do is to clean the leather, either all of it or just in those bad areas, with 1 part Woolite and 5 parts water. Then I would reapply Lexol the "correct" way.

I have a hard time believing that you can't get the spray marks out by just rubbing with a quality cotton towel though...
Old 05-12-2004, 07:42 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've sprayed Maguires leather care directly on the seats every month since October. Looks fine to me and no buildup in the holes.
Old 05-12-2004, 08:38 AM
Racer

How does the lexol ready wipes work? There is no spraying required you just use a sheet and wipe it on. Wouldnt that be better than using a spray?

Also there is a cleaner and a protectant as well right?? Do I need to use both?
Old 05-12-2004, 08:54 AM

ummm ya if you let it dry and then wipe it with a damp cloth and then let it sit for a couple min in the sun ... it goes away.....
this is my first car with leather and i dont really know how to care for it...and its so hot here your sweat like leaves marks on the seat and thats what i was trying to clean....and if i only had waited it would of gone away.....Thanks for all the help though...
Old 05-12-2004, 08:57 AM
Newbie for Life

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DopeTL04
How does the lexol ready wipes work? There is no spraying required you just use a sheet and wipe it on. Wouldnt that be better than using a spray?

Also there is a cleaner and a protectant as well right?? Do I need to use both?
I've heard mixed reactions about the leather cleaner by Lexol. Personally, I've never used it. For the last 3-4 cars I've owned, I've merely used the Woolite/water mix with a sponge to wipe down my leather from time to time and then reapply Lexol using the applicator sponge every month or so. My leather has always looked great and felt great with no problems.

I've never used the Lexol wipes.
Old 05-13-2004, 12:06 AM
Racer

For the Lexol Conditioner - Be SURE to rub it in with your hands! It works a LOT better that way.