Leather touchup

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2003, 05:03 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leather touchup

Seems I had a passenger get in my car the other day and leave a nice black pen mark on the side of the seat of my new TSX. Once I got over beating the living crap out of him, I tried to clean it. I scrubbed like heck and was able to get much of it out, but there's still a dull line where the pen drew and it's bothering me.

Is there a leather touchup "paint" or something that matches the TSX tan leather interior that might hide the rest of the marks? Something I guess that you could rub in and it would revert the color back to what it was underneath?

I also just found out that it's actually not leather on the sides of the seat, but a "simulated" leather, so maybe there's a better cleaner out there than the Lexol leather cleaner I was using?
Old 12-13-2003, 05:05 PM
More On

Re: Leather touchup

Originally posted by flyboicus
Seems I had a passenger get in my car the other day and leave a nice black pen mark on the side of the seat of my new TSX. Once I got over beating the living crap out of him.....
Mission accomplished. Your work is complete.
Old 12-14-2003, 01:18 AM
Not an Ashtray

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Leather touchup

Seems I had a passenger get in my car the other day and leave a nice black pen mark on the side of the seat of my new TSX. Once I got over beating the living crap out of him, I tried to clean it. I scrubbed like heck and was able to get much of it out, but there's still a dull line where the pen drew and it's bothering me.

Is there a leather touchup "paint" or something that matches the TSX tan leather interior that might hide the rest of the marks? Something I guess that you could rub in and it would revert the color back to what it was underneath?

I also just found out that it's actually not leather on the sides of the seat, but a "simulated" leather, so maybe there's a better cleaner out there than the Lexol leather cleaner I was using?
There are lots of good vinyl cleaners out there. I'd try the 303 line if I were you.
Old 12-14-2003, 07:06 PM
Intermediate

Yeah, the Lexol vinyl cleaner didn't do anything more than I've already done. I'll have to try the 303 next. Thanks for the recommendation.

I was hoping there was a tan colored "stain" or dye that matched the color of the seats so you could touch up areas that get scratched/chipped/worn. I know I've seen it out there. I'll ask the Acura dealer tomorrow and see what they say.
Old 12-15-2003, 01:36 AM
Not an Ashtray

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, the Lexol vinyl cleaner didn't do anything more than I've already done. I'll have to try the 303 next. Thanks for the recommendation.

I was hoping there was a tan colored "stain" or dye that matched the color of the seats so you could touch up areas that get scratched/chipped/worn. I know I've seen it out there. I'll ask the Acura dealer tomorrow and see what they say.
FYI: 303 products are available at a good price with no shipping costs at www.carcrazy.net
Old 08-16-2007, 07:58 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know this is a very old post, but I wanted to add my 0.02. MILK is a great way to get ball-point ink off leather. I've used it on my pale green leather sofa at home and it's amazing. I've also read that perfume does it; expensive perfume! Maybe the mix of alcohol and other ingredients.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:44 PM
Needs more Lemon Pledge

Received 2,000 Likes on 1,173 Posts
Magic eraser?

Oh jebus, this is from '03...............