Ink in leather seats of 05 TL w/Camel interior

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 12:11 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ink in leather seats of 05 TL w/Camel interior

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please forgive if this is something that has been covered in another post. I searched but could not find this specific issue.

Despite my constant cautions to not do this, my wife has a habit of leaving "stuff" (books, magazines, papers, flyers) sitting on the back seet of our 05 TL with Camel interior. I keep telling her the leather is delicate and using the back seat as a storage shelf is asking for trouble.

Well, trouble came. She left a program from a concert of local vocalists we attended friday night sitting on the backseat, under a heavy book she left back there. When I discovered it late Saturday (hot 82 degree day) and removed the items from the seat, some of the ink from the program had transfeered to the seat. Water and vigorous scrubbing doesn't get it out, and neither does leather conditioner.

Before I use something harmful (to the seats, or my wife), does anyone have any good reccomendations for a cleaner that might remove the ink... any help would be appreciated.
Old 06-14-2005, 05:42 PM
The Old Grey Whistle Test

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Ink stains
Some ballpoint ink stains can be sponged clean using 303TM Cleaner & Spot Remover. If this doesn't completely remove the stain, the other alternative is to use Isopropyl alcohol (or a hairspray in an emergency) Townsend Leather™ Ink & Stain Remover will removes ink, crayon, lipstick, heel scuffs and other difficult stains from finished leather.
JonM
Old 06-14-2005, 06:33 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe try Magic Eraser from Mr.Clean. I haven't used it yet, I have black leather so no pen marks will show up. Gotta find someone with a pen mark and I'll try it and see if it works.