I used NuFinish Scratch Doctor as a polish alternative....

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 09:38 PM

Received 322 Likes on 182 Posts
I used NuFinish Scratch Doctor as a polish alternative....

......are there any consequences? I used it around the whole car to get rid of the swirls caused by the damn inexperienced people at the car wash. Will this dull the paint though?

Well my story is that I needed a quick wash this morning because of my busy schedule so I took it to the car wash. Long story short they used the same mit to clean my wheels on the BODY. OH MY STARS!! There were some very noticeable swirls and hazes. I was desperate for a quick fix and used NuFinish Scratch Doctor all the way around the car. Any comments on this?
Old 02-15-2008, 10:36 PM
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
i've used it on a couple cars and never had any problems with it.

One customer (when I worked at the Benz dealership) swore by the stuff and would only put NuFinish on his cars (2 coats). He always kept his cars spotless and when he traded a few in on a couple new Benz's, they looked (and felt) like they just came off the showroom floor.

*not sure about the scratch doctor product, but I'd wax it (or put a coat or two of regular NuFunish) on it just to make sure the paint's protected.
Old 02-16-2008, 12:02 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
NF has been around for ever. Its actually a good OTC sealant, but full of petroleum carriers used for user friendliness. This however limits its durability.
The scratch Dr is an unknown product for me, but if your satisfied with the current appearance, no more needs being said! Polymer follow up is highly recommended at this point, for protective purposes.
You should consider a regular wash regimen though, possibly utilizing Optimums No Rinse Wash method.
Old 06-14-2009, 06:39 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just tried using Scratch Doctor today, to do what it says it's supposed to do. Remove scratches. Well I feel like driving to the company, and telling them to use this product the exact same way on my car as they did on the car in the commercial, and see if you get the same results. I tried three different times, three different coats of the material, and nothing happened to help remove scratches from the finish. The only thing it DID do was remove some of the swirl marks around my trunk that had been there. But alas the scratches are still there. Even the tiny scratches it wouldn't work on. I guess If I ever wanna get my paint looking showroom good again, I need to get a good buffer and a guy that knows how to do real good paintwork. I already know of the 2nd, but he charges what he's worth.

Last edited by ektakrome; 06-14-2009 at 06:43 PM.
Old 06-14-2009, 07:07 PM
Low is a Lifestyle.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
would you expect it to remove it? compared to the hundreds of dollars a professional detail costs? it's a simple, somewhat effective alternative, a temporary alternative.