i need some important info

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 11:54 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i need some important info

Hello everyone, i just bought a PC buffer and some meguiars wax, i wanted to know what settings should i use the buffer for the swirl remover glaze and the wax

thanks alot

ps: i appreciate the help
Old 08-06-2006, 12:12 AM
hrj
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://www.properautocare.com/reswwaspincl1.html

hope this website help u.. look at the bottom of the page..
Old 08-06-2006, 12:15 AM
hrj
Three Wheelin'

or ask exceldetail... AZ vendor..
Old 08-06-2006, 02:00 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by italian_spak
Hello everyone, i just bought a PC buffer and some meguiars wax, i wanted to know what settings should i use the buffer for the swirl remover glaze and the wax

thanks alot

ps: i appreciate the help
I assume you're using #82 or #83? I normally start at 4 to spread the polish and bump it 5/6 to work the area. I prefer hand waxing, but a 3/4 setting would be fine.
Old 08-06-2006, 09:24 AM
Pro

re

well im using the mcguiars mirror glaze#80 and insulator wax No.845
id like to know more precise settings for both products

thanks guys
Old 08-06-2006, 10:35 AM
The Old Grey Whistle Test

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Pad type/ Speed/ Used with type product

Polish / Cutting Pad (*Yellow)-a harder more dense foam composition (50 PPI ) with an abrasive cutting action, for use with a medium abrasive polish, Machine Polish 1 or 2, Swirl Mark Remover, or Autoglym Paint Renovator Polish (Speed number 4-5)

Polish / Light Cutting Pad (*Orange)-a mid range, high density foam composition (60 PPI) with a medium abrasive cutting action, for use with a Swirl Mark Remover, Pre-Wax Paint Cleaner, Klasse All-In-One, or Autoglym Super Resin Polish (Speed number 4)

Polish / Waxing Pad (*White)-a softer less dense foam composition(70 PPI) with a light abrasive cutting action, for use with a Swirl Mark Remover, Pre-Wax Paint Cleaner, Klasse All-In-One, or Autoglym Super Resin Polish (Speed number 4)

Finishing Pad (*Black)-an ultra-smooth foam that has no abrasive cutting ability (80 PPI) for use with Klasse High Sealant Gloss, Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection, Zanio Z-2 or Z-5 or a Glaze (Speed number 3)

Levelling Pad (Wool):
Are made from 100% natural lambs wool (do not use synthetic wool) are usually used to level a paint film surface with an abrasive machine polish (compound) or to apply a polish to large areas
Wool pads used wet or dry produce the most paint surface `compounding haze' (40 PPI)

Four- Ply 100% Twisted Wool
Each strand of high grade wool fibre is tightly twisted, allowing our pad to stay at a consistent level of aggression for longer periods of operation. Choose from 1", 1-1/4", 1-1/2" and 2" pile lengths. Choose shorter pile for your most aggressive compounding and longer pile for aggressive compounding with greater durability.

Electrified White Sheepskin
The electrification process removes the microscopic barbs from the hairs in the wool resulting in a soft and effective compounding material that does not scratch the painted surface.
Choose from 3", 4", and 5" diameters with a 1/2" or 3/4" pile height.

Lake Counties (LC) patented process encapsulates the base of the lamb’s wool fibres with microscopic polyurethane foam particles. Cuts like natural sheepskin but finishes like a foam pad. Aggressively removes 1500 - 2000 grit scratches, leaving a lustrous finish with no hazing by reducing compounding swirls. Foamed fibres resist matting and compression. Foaming process also creates minute air pockets at the base of the fibres, which improves cushioning and retention of compounds and polishes.

Information Resource- http://www.lakecountrymfg.com/woolcutpads_feat.html

Pad Type Pros & Cons:
Wool: Pros-faster cutting leaves the surface cooler. Cons- leaves micro marring (buffer trails)
Foam: Pros- gentle (non-aggressive) light to moderate cutting Cons- heats paint quicker, leaves surface with a smooth finish ready for application of last step product (LSP)

*The foam pad colour identifications and specifications are by Lake County Manufacturing (LC) other manufactures of foam pads use different colours to identify the abrasiveness or cutting ability of their foam pads, they can be purchased at www.properautocare.com.
Old 08-06-2006, 12:17 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Hawhyen51
I assume you're using #82 or #83? I normally start at 4 to spread the polish and bump it 5/6 to work the area. I prefer hand waxing, but a 3/4 setting would be fine.
Old 08-06-2006, 04:23 PM
Pro

re

btw ppl what can you say about the products that i bought, are they any good for a clean job?
Old 08-06-2006, 05:19 PM
Former Sponsor

#80 is an excellent light grade abrasive capable of removing very light swirls. it will also leave some filling oils behind which may or may not play a role in Collinite 845's durability. Both are good choices and can be used together.
Put the vehicle out n the sun after using #80 to thin the oils, rewipe with a plush MF, then seal away with the 845. Apply 845 very thin or you'll wish you didnt use it............
Old 08-08-2006, 04:42 PM
Pro

re

is there something more powerful than #80 for deep swirls?

let me know
thanks
Old 08-08-2006, 05:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Theres a ton of products available. I prefer Four Star Body Shop, Medium cut compound.....
Old 08-08-2006, 09:32 PM
Safety Car

^^ Check out any of the online sites for SMRs.
Old 08-11-2006, 03:52 PM
Pro

re

what about zymol for swirl remover? any good?
Old 08-11-2006, 06:32 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by italian_spak
what about zymol for swirl remover? any good?
Haven't seen too many references to an SMR. They have a pre-wax cleaner (HD Cleanse, I think) Found the following from their techinfo page so it is one sided. Why don't you give it a shot and drop a review?

Why Clean The Car With HD-Cleanse First?

Normal washing will not remove all airborne contaminants that settle on the paint surface nor will washing remove dull, oxidized paint. Zymol HD-Cleanse removes acid rain residue, road grime, old wax, oil residue, catalytic converter emissions (hydrochloric and sulfuric acids), bug tar, bird droppings, silicone treatments and oxidized paint. HD-Cleanse leaves the paint surface so clean it squeaks and provides a fresh surface for which Zymol wax can bond. HD-Cleanse will not remove clean paint or clear coatings. In addition to increasing the depth of shine, proper pre-wax cleaning will assure uniformity of the wax shine. Wax applied over oily road grime will look more dull than wax applied over clean paint.

Why Is HD-Cleanse Better Than Other Pre-Wax Cleaners?

Most competitive products incorporate abrasive "grit" to "scrub" the surface clean. HD-Cleanse uses Montan oil (a natural solvent that will not penetrate clean paint), apricot kernel oil, and lemon seed oil spun to a very thin consistency. As you apply HD-Cleanse, the oils penetrate and breakdown everything on the surface of the paint encapsulating grime impurities and dead paint so they can be wiped off without scratching the top paint layer. HD-Cleanse uncovers a lower level of paint with life and lustre without any solvents, abrasives or caustic materials.

Should You HD-Cleanse (And Wax) A Clear-Coated Car?

Yes absolutely! Clear coat is a very thin layer of clear paint (some with urethane) sprayed over the top paint layer. Clear coatings become contaminated and oxidize just like regular paint. Most clear coats will oxidize and wear away within 24 months exposing the top layer of paint. Protecting the clear coat with a good wax may or may not increase the shine, but it will preserve the natural shine of the paint and keep it looking like new for many, many years.

Should You HD-Cleanse The Entire Car Before You Wax It?

Yes. You should HD-Cleanse the entire car, sections at a time, and then wax it.
The wax should be applied to small areas and hand buffed prior to drying.