Holy cow!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 05:24 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,016 Likes on 1,435 Posts
Holy cow!!!!

I've been a fan of never-dull since someone on azine told me about it. I picked up bar-keepers-friend today at walmart and tried it at my parent's house on one of their pot's that was 23 years OLD!!

The results of it are AMAZING! This Stainless pot was dirt brown on the inside from years of making tea in it. After cleaning it for maybe five minutes inside and out, it looks close to brand new! My mother was shocked and asked me what I did with her old pan and why I got her a new one. I don't have a camera with me at the moment, but I'll take a photo of it asap (if anything I'll just borrow the pot for "cooking".

The only thing is that Bar-Keepers leaves somewhat of a brushed finish on the surface, are there any metal polishes I can use to get rid of that? maybe use some Optimum Compound/Polish on em?
Old 11-01-2009, 05:36 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
The only way to remove that haze on soft metal surfaces is to soft buff it with a high speed drill and cotton..............
Old 11-01-2009, 05:47 PM
05 TL 6mt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by csmeance
I've been a fan of never-dull since someone on azine told me about it. I picked up bar-keepers-friend today at walmart and tried it at my parent's house on one of their pot's that was 23 years OLD!!

The results of it are AMAZING! This Stainless pot was dirt brown on the inside from years of making tea in it. After cleaning it for maybe five minutes inside and out, it looks close to brand new! My mother was shocked and asked me what I did with her old pan and why I got her a new one. I don't have a camera with me at the moment, but I'll take a photo of it asap (if anything I'll just borrow the pot for "cooking".

The only thing is that Bar-Keepers leaves somewhat of a brushed finish on the surface, are there any metal polishes I can use to get rid of that? maybe use some Optimum Compound/Polish on em?
I can sense that you are gonna go splurging on cleaning every dirty pot you set your eyes on and prove that it really works. I know I do that when I tested out my exhaust polish .
Old 11-01-2009, 07:46 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,016 Likes on 1,435 Posts
Originally Posted by exceldetail
The only way to remove that haze on soft metal surfaces is to soft buff it with a high speed drill and cotton..............
Hmm... I think i might bust out those drill bits and get some cotton to attach to the front of it....

Originally Posted by TLUWHAT
I can sense that you are gonna go splurging on cleaning every dirty pot you set your eyes on and prove that it really works. I know I do that when I tested out my exhaust polish .
I'll probably go to my mom's house and do that since I keep my pots and pans squeeky clean!
Old 11-02-2009, 09:34 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
I'm going to have to try this stuff.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:55 PM
DESI miern

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my moms been using that stuff for years and i use it as well on all my stainless steel shit!! good stuff with a scotchbrite pad and some water!
Old 11-03-2009, 06:39 PM

Received 9,526 Likes on 6,181 Posts
That stuff is awesome! That's what I used to clean my exhaust tips and they look brand spankin' new now