HELP!! small puncture hole in ceiling apholstery

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2002, 02:38 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP!! small puncture hole in ceiling apholstery

Hi all,
I'm not sure this is the right area for this question, but I've got kind of a little problem. Last night, out of my own stupidity, I put a small hole in the roof fabric of my CL. I have the black with grey interior. The hole is really not all that big, but it's big enough to have brought down my whole night last night. Does anyone here have any experience with repairing this sort of thing, or maybe someone knows of a place to get a good approximation of the ceiling fabric so I could try to make a small filler for the hole?

This sucks. I've actually got an '01 CL (not an '02 as my nickname would imply). I've had the car for almost 16 months now and this is the first little bit of damage to the interior. I'd really like any and all ideas on how to go about masking something like that. If needed, I can probably put up a digital photo of the damage, if you think it'll help. It's a small hole, probably less than a 1/4 inch diamater. Anyone..? Please...?

-a.
Old 03-06-2002, 03:56 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Two things you could try.

1 - See if you can take a piece from around the edges where the headliner goes into the plastic molding. Or maybe there is some excess under the dome light.

2 - Take the headliner down and patch it from the inside. There are some patches available to fix it. Or you could try an iron on patch from a fabric store. Again patch it from the inside.

Bottom line though, if you have the money, have it professionally done.

Neil