AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   Wash & Wax (https://acurazine.com/forums/wash-wax-23/)
-   -   GREAT PRODUCT: Soap with wax/carnauba (https://acurazine.com/forums/wash-wax-23/great-product-soap-wax-carnauba-273333/)

Saintor_RENAMED 07-06-2003 07:06 PM

GREAT PRODUCT: Soap with wax/carnauba

I thought that it would be an hoax, but this really works! After many washes, more carnauba have stayed and the car looks more beautiful each time! The product is from a generic company and is branded "Sundance".

I also wax my cars 4 times a year, with Nu Finish (more than 15 years). :bow:

moda_way 07-07-2003 06:23 AM

I used to use Nu Finish as well. Then only time I didn't like the stuff was when I had minor imperfections (like swirls or chips) as the product seemed to enhance them. Now I use Zaino and on my wife's Civic, which she has lovingly put imperfections, they almost disappear.

Nu Finish is a great product, goes on quickly and comes off quickly, meaning little work and low cost for great return.

Zaino is a good amount of up-front work, definitely a costly product, but THE MOST AMAZING RETURN on effort I've ever seen. My father's Porsche snobs swear by it, all my Honda friends I introduced it to swear by it, and I swear by it.

If Nu Finish works for you, don't stop using it!!

gogozy 07-07-2003 01:29 PM

is Nu Finish a sealant, wax or jsut polish?? is it polymer based or?? it has been around for few years, but i never tried it. Zaioned and it is great..... looks great, although surface feel not as dry or "telfoned" but it sure bleed like nothing i ever had!! just jet water and all dust come right off ;)

REI 07-07-2003 08:38 PM

I have used NuFinish on my cars for years. Recently, Consumer Reports tested several polishes and said the paste version of NuFinish lasted longest. It was tested on black.

ebcheon 07-08-2003 10:51 AM

i'm gonna do the whole zaino bit tonight. it'll be my exercise.

Kent 07-08-2003 10:56 AM

I use Finish First.

I havent used Zaino before, but i know that my FF works beautifully :)

I use meguirs quick detailer after each wash.

Oh also, "The Absorber" works great for drying the car. very soft and absorbs an incredible amount of water. i like it much better than california water blade.

GeorgeTSX 07-08-2003 04:43 PM

Originally posted by Kent
I use Finish First.

I havent used Zaino before, but i know that my FF works beautifully :)

I use meguirs quick detailer after each wash.

Oh also, "The Absorber" works great for drying the car. very soft and absorbs an incredible amount of water. i like it much better than california water blade.

I just got my first order of Finish First yesterday. I can't wait to put it on this weekend.

As for liking the Absorber better than the Cali Water blade I actually use both. I use the Cali Water Blade first to get off most of the water off the car and then I use the Absorber to get the rest.

However I think I am going to use my new waffle-weave microfiber towels from www.pakshak.com for drying. The Absorber works pretty good but it seems to leave too much water behind.

TinkySD 07-08-2003 04:48 PM

Originally posted by GeorgeTSX
The Absorber works pretty good but it seems to leave too much water behind.
I was just going to start a new post about the absorber. Got one last week but I don't think it's all that great. It leaves way to much water residue behind...i actually find that a soft towel works better.

provench 07-08-2003 06:18 PM

Originally posted by TinkySD
I was just going to start a new post about the absorber. Got one last week but I don't think it's all that great. It leaves way to much water residue behind...i actually find that a soft towel works better.
I got for both ... absorber for 95% of the water and then follow up with a single soft towel to get the fine spots that are left. :thumbsup:

Kent 07-09-2003 12:33 PM

yeah, absorber does leave a bit of water...i use a quick detailer right after i wash, so any water marks that i may have left are buffed out :)