Got grease and aphalt over car with Zaino on it

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2001, 06:16 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got grease and aphalt over car with Zaino on it

Was dringing along the freeway ans some hyways. I just put some zaino on the car and I came home. I tried to use the z6 to clean up the grease from the asphalt and tar but it just kept smearing.

does anybody here know what to do when the z6 justs start smearing the stuff all over the car.
i finaly got it off -- i used up all my rags
the stuff got rid of the bugs and little stuff with no problem.

Has anyone used those microfibre towles for the z6.

i am wondering if i hav to buy the cannon towels for the z6 too. got a good place to buy them at a super price ? ? ?
Old 03-29-2001, 11:07 AM
Advanced

For grease and tar use some WD-40.....it will take it right off. AS for the Z6 smearing....you mean in the spots where the grease was right!?! It shouldn't smear....perhaps you used too much?!? Give more info. I don't like microfiber towels...they contain polyester blends. Be careful with them if you try them. Good luck
Old 03-30-2001, 12:34 AM
Instructor

You did use too much Z6 - remember, it's a detailing spray - like 1 to 2 ozs. does an entire car. WD-40 will get tar & grease off - there are some other products out there as well www.carcareonline.com

Check www.ls1.com in the detailing forum and see where folks are finding good deals on towels currently. You want 100% cotton, white terrycloth - as high a quality as possible. If you have a wife/girlfriend/significant other, yes they're going to look at you like you're crazy and raise hell for buying muy expensivo towels and then cutting the edges off and waxing your car with them I got some from aardvark towels (Carl from LS1) where he cuts the selvages off & stiches the edges up with cotton thread, but I don't think he's doing those anymore

The Miracle Towel is HIGHLY recommended by lots of folks - haven't personally tried one yet.

------------------
when you're ready to succeed!
Old 04-01-2001, 06:04 AM
Instructor

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by volsfan0911:
You did use too much Z6 - remember, it's a detailing spray - like 1 to 2 ozs. does an entire car. WD-40 will get tar & grease off - there are some other products out there as well www.carcareonline.com

Check www.ls1.com in the detailing forum and see where folks are finding good deals on towels currently. You want 100% cotton, white terrycloth - as high a quality as possible. If you have a wife/girlfriend/significant other, yes they're going to look at you like you're crazy and raise hell for buying muy expensivo towels and then cutting the edges off and waxing your car with them I got some from aardvark towels (Carl from LS1) where he cuts the selvages off & stiches the edges up with cotton thread, but I don't think he's doing those anymore

The Miracle Towel is HIGHLY recommended by lots of folks - haven't personally tried one yet.

</font>
Have you used the WD-40 on bubble gum with a car with 5 coats of Z2?

------------------
Dr's car's is stealthy -- able to sneak up on unsuspecting victims