Good Detailer in Minneapolis, MN

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 05:43 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good Detailer in Minneapolis, MN

I've been fighting what would appear to be a losing battle with minor scratches, swirl marks, dents, and chips. I was hoping someone has a detailer they can recommend in the twin cities area of Minnesota.

Barring anyone having specific recommendations does anyone have advice on how to find someone who is good at detailing cars (more than a wash and wax).

I'm currently driving myself nuts over some spots that I have tried claying, polishing by hand, and using a sponge and good old elbow grease and they just will not come off. These spots combined with some nasty swirl marks and minor scratches need to go. And I would like to get it thoroughly detailed before winter, since the salt and sand on the roads up here isn't going to help matters any.
Old 10-01-2006, 08:26 PM
Instructor

Smile

Originally Posted by Maddawg03cls
I've been fighting what would appear to be a losing battle with minor scratches, swirl marks, dents, and chips. I was hoping someone has a detailer they can recommend in the twin cities area of Minnesota.

Barring anyone having specific recommendations does anyone have advice on how to find someone who is good at detailing cars (more than a wash and wax).

I'm currently driving myself nuts over some spots that I have tried claying, polishing by hand, and using a sponge and good old elbow grease and they just will not come off. These spots combined with some nasty swirl marks and minor scratches need to go. And I would like to get it thoroughly detailed before winter, since the salt and sand on the roads up here isn't going to help matters any.
Try Paradise Car Wash in Eagan (the one in Town Centre), since I bought my
car; i use their car wash 1-2/week (unlimited subscription) and NO swirls or scratches whatsoever, -and I am one of those guys that checks the paint from every angle- i also use Zaino Z5/Z2 and had a 3M clearbra installed.. 3M swirl remover also helps. For winter I put mud guards to avoid salt chips. So far 97% of my paint is like new!
Regarding your question, they also have a nice detail center, besides the quick car wash.
hope this helps
Old 10-02-2006, 11:01 AM
on to the next one...

I hate to be self-serving here, but I detail on the side for some extra $$ here and there...
My regular clients include Benz's, BMW's, Cadillac's and even a Ferrari Modena up until the client sold it in July. I also do my car (Acura CL-S) and my gf's car (Infiniti I30t) regularly. Both are black, so you can imagine how picky I am of my results...

I use a PC polisher to take care of all the polishing/synthetic waxing.
I use 2 kinds of Meg's polish to remove the scratches/swirls, then apply a coat of Meg's NXT...all with the PC, then I apply a coat of sp121 Carnuba by hand... Excellent shine and protection.

I can clay your car if you'd like, but it appears you have done that recently, so another claying of your car will not be necessary until next year.

I can do it in my garage or yours, doesn't matter...

Let me know if you are interested!

Brandon
Old 10-09-2010, 02:49 AM
XpressoBeans

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Minneapolis Area Detail

Originally Posted by bgsm1th
I hate to be self-serving here, but I detail on the side for some extra $$ here and there...
My regular clients include Benz's, BMW's, Cadillac's and even a Ferrari Modena up until the client sold it in July. I also do my car (Acura CL-S) and my gf's car (Infiniti I30t) regularly. Both are black, so you can imagine how picky I am of my results...

I use a PC polisher to take care of all the polishing/synthetic waxing.
I use 2 kinds of Meg's polish to remove the scratches/swirls, then apply a coat of Meg's NXT...all with the PC, then I apply a coat of sp121 Carnuba by hand... Excellent shine and protection.

I can clay your car if you'd like, but it appears you have done that recently, so another claying of your car will not be necessary until next year.

I can do it in my garage or yours, doesn't matter...

Let me know if you are interested!

Brandon
Hey there Brandon, What are your prices? Where are you located? I have a 05 with abyss blue pearl. Thanks!