A few new items arriving today

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008 | 10:44 AM
Former Sponsor

A few new items arriving today

• Optimum Opti Bond Tire Gel, a fabulous Tire Gel from the makers of Optimum Car Care products. Long lasting, easy to apply gel. Apply via atomizer, foam pad, rad for zero waste. Not a "floating" chemical. Water based product resist weathers elements for weeks, not days.
  • Optimum Car Wax 17oz (improved), Optimum Car Wax is the only spray car wax that provides the durability of a paste wax and long-lasting UV protection. A combination of high-grade Carnauba wax, sealant polymers and UV inhibitors forms a protective layer on the painted surface to protect the paint from sun damage and environmental elements for up to 5 months. Also available in Gal size at significant savings!
  • Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer 17oz, long awaited and much anticipated, a brand new product from Optimum Car Care. Imagine the Spray wax, and Optimum No Rinse Wash and Shine, united! Thats what this product delivers, a little cleaning power, with a little protection, in a simple, and supurbly calibrated spray formula. The perfect compliment to the entire Optimum line up! Also available in concentrated 32oz size at significant savings!
I know you will enjoy these new and/or improved items from Optimum Car Care, "Accelerate into the future, with Optimum" and Exceldetail.com!!

Also, I would like to announce an expanded partnership with Eurow Oreilly. Exceldetail, has long sold products from Eurow. During our relationship with Eurow over the years, we have grown extremely fond of their business philosophy as well as there fabulous products. Eurow is now allowing us to sell and drop ship everything they sell (the only reseller to my knowlege). Eurow develops and distributes high quality automobile detailing products and Auto Detailing Accessories, like car wax, car floor mats, microfiber towels and sheepskin seat covers to bring new auto accessories to those of you who are into Auto Detailing. Eurow is one of our closest friends, (litteraly and figuratively).
They have helped Exceldetail to grow into the auto care company we are today. I can only assume this relationship will continue to expand into bigger and better ventures.
Look for new "Eurow" pages on our homepage, soon!
Old 02-29-2008 | 07:12 PM
Former Sponsor

My bad, the Optimum Opti Bond Tire gel arrived in Gals.....
Old 02-29-2008 | 07:41 PM
5th Gear

Saw that you got my order out today. Among other things I am looking forward to trying out the Opt ID&GE!

New to the detailing world (just plunged in last week with several orders) and gearing up for the next car purchase (TL). Just want to get some practice in on the old DD before I mess anything up on the new ride!

Many thanks to Patrick for his great service!
Old 02-29-2008 | 09:59 PM
Former Sponsor

Hey welcome to the Zine!! I have to tell you, the Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer is really quite special! I dont think I have ever used a product that leaves the surface so slick (not initially, but give it a 1/2 hr). And where I tested it didnt really have a good layer of protection to begin with. Great scent to work with also. Your going to be real happy with it, promise.....
(P.S., Im really quite surprised with it!!)
Old 03-01-2008 | 08:28 AM
Pro

Uh oh Pat, why'd I have to see this...new stuff, plus it's Optimum (and the TL is back from the shop after the guy hit me) - doesn't get any better than that for me! You can expect an order from me in the near future

I'm really in the detailing mood - I'm flew into Fort Lauderdale yesterday morning, and it was 80 degrees out (I came from yet another snow storm in Chicago), so telling me about your warm weather won't make me jealous this time, haha. Seeing all the nice cars got me in the mood to detail. Now I have to do the TL when I get home
Old 03-01-2008 | 08:14 PM
Team Owner

Check with Patrick on what products are ok in the first 30-60 days after paint work. I am guessing- since the car was hit- it involved some painting.
I was reading some of the product info on excels homepage is why I mention it.
Old 03-01-2008 | 10:58 PM
Wiggy Wiggy Wiggy

3M 05973 perfect it II buffing compounds and 3M final finish 82877 polish, Menzerna Power Gloss and Final Polish are all safe. 3M is widely used in body shops on fresh paint.
Old 03-02-2008 | 07:16 PM
Pro

^^^

Hey guys, thanks for the input - I actually did the entire car (except for the areas that were freshly painted / blended).

Pat - sorry for hijacking your thread, but look at it this way, it keeps it at the top
Old 08-14-2008 | 06:46 PM
Racer

another bump from just reading through the forum...

so i'm a little confused on all the OPT products that are out...first-optiseal..awesome spray on protection after your good spring/fall cleaning, durable, awesome finish, and I read somewhere should be applied quarterly??

OPT spray wax...what would be the frequency in using this if you have the quick spray detailer also?? it seems to me that the spray wax and the qd are almost the same...what is the real difference??? please help
Old 08-14-2008 | 07:43 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by mrclrider
OPT spray wax...what would be the frequency in using this if you have the quick spray detailer also?? it seems to me that the spray wax and the qd are almost the same...what is the real difference??? please help
They're very similar except the quick detail has a little more "cutting power" than the spray wax. The spray wax on the other hand will give you a more shiny look but has less cutting power to clean debris from your car.

I have both and grab whichever one I need depending on the condition of the car.

If you want to see/feel the difference in the two, try these two:

Pinnacle Crystal Myst - Spray Wax
Meguiars Ultimate Quik Detail - QD

Last edited by huy33; 08-14-2008 at 07:46 PM.