AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   Wash & Wax (https://acurazine.com/forums/wash-wax-23/)
-   -   favorite glass cleaner? (https://acurazine.com/forums/wash-wax-23/favorite-glass-cleaner-947983/)

udubber83 07-27-2016 05:05 PM

favorite glass cleaner?

Can anyone recommend a good glass cleaner for front windshield? Was about to just pickup some of the cheap stuff off of Amazon, but was curious if there is something you guys like. Any idea if there is any solution that can double as a dashboard cleaner? I need both.

Thanks!

WheelMcCoy 07-27-2016 07:51 PM

For glass, try a 1/2 vinegar and 1/2 water solution mixed in a spray bottle. You'll get a streak-free clean that's also eco-friendly. Google it for more details.

projektvertx 08-11-2016 10:50 AM

I personally use Einsznett glass cleaner and I like it. Their interior cleaner is awesome too! I've also used stoner invisible glass, that's pretty good and you can get it at Walmart.

udubber83 08-11-2016 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by projektvertx (Post 15824568)
I personally use Einsznett glass cleaner and I like it. Their interior cleaner is awesome too! I've also used stoner invisible glass, that's pretty good and you can get it at Walmart.

Thanks for recommendation. Trying to find something that cleans sunscreen stains off interior. Sounds like this doesn't do the trick but should be helpful for just a general interior clean!

projektvertx 08-11-2016 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by udubber83 (Post 15824791)
Thanks for recommendation. Trying to find something that cleans sunscreen stains off interior. Sounds like this doesn't do the trick but should be helpful for just a general interior clean!

They also have a stronger version of it as well if you look on detailedimage.com I haven't had the chance to really test it though.

csmeance 08-11-2016 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by udubber83 (Post 15812101)
Can anyone recommend a good glass cleaner for front windshield? Was about to just pickup some of the cheap stuff off of Amazon, but was curious if there is something you guys like. Any idea if there is any solution that can double as a dashboard cleaner? I need both.

Thanks!

Stoners Invisible glass for any glass. Water and Woolite solution for the dash, 6-10 parts water to 1 part woolite depending on how much you need to clean. Follow up with a damp towel and dry the dash.

cu2wagon 08-11-2016 11:02 PM

+1 for Stoners. I picked up a bottle on a whim and it changed my life.

I won't use anything else now.

rocket_pup 08-14-2016 08:25 AM

For cheap and easy, water (or water/vinegar solution) and newpaper.

+1 for Stoner, but the aerosol works better than the spray bottle.

Griots Garage aerosol glass cleaner has a light citrus scent, leaves little to no residue, and cleans glass like the Dickens.

GrayBear 03-04-2017 02:54 PM

Use an E-Cloth for glass, and water. Yes, really. It absolutely works great.
Check it out, most Ace hardware stores stock them.

Danza 03-05-2017 11:52 AM

I used to use Stoners, but switched to Adams and am happy. The biggest things I've found is using good, clean glass cleaning microfiber towels.

mattcl-s 03-08-2017 10:34 AM

Invisible glass

rocket_pup 03-08-2017 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Danza (Post 15972041)
I used to use Stoners, but switched to Adams and am happy. The biggest things I've found is using good, clean glass cleaning microfiber towels.

Yeah, I used Stoner's too for a long while. While good, I noticed streaks after a while. I now use Griot's Garage Foaming Glass Cleaner. They used to sell it exclusively on their website, but now you can find it at Autozone. Sometimes they have coupons or BOGO, and this is very good at a discount.

Depending on your environment, it may be prudent to clay, polish, and seal your glass once a year. This helps keep your glass pristine year-around.

As other members have mentioned, water and newspaper work well also.

High Technology 03-14-2017 10:14 PM

Sprayway Glass Cleaner -- available in a lot of places, but about $2.50 at Home Depot. Been using this for a long, long time all around the house and for my cars. It's also the only thing I use to clean my plasma TVs and LCD monitors.

I only clean my interior car windows 3-4 times a year and they stay pretty clean as Sprayway doesn't leave any residue behind. Sprayway is also good on plastic lenses and electronic trim (spray a little on a microfiber towel), and even the dash/plastic trim (which I clean about twice as often). It's not ammonia based, so it doesn't harm plastic.

For interior windows and plastic lenses, always use a microfiber that you designate for interior glass/lenses only. To keep it simple, I bought a few blue ones that I only use on glass and lenses, and use any other color for the dash/plastic trim. This prevents transferring the dust or any abrasive debris from everything else in your car from getting onto the glass or from putting swirls on your plastic lenses. One time I broke this rule and used a microfiber that I wiped the dash with on the windows. I ended up having to re-do the windows multiple times with paper towel to finally get all of the dust off the glass.

RDX10 03-14-2017 10:45 PM

Perhaps I am missing the obvious here, or maybe I need to clean my windows more often. But why has nobody recommended windex? Is there something I don't know about?

cu2wagon 03-15-2017 09:31 PM

I used to use Windex (well, actually some off brand blue liquid like Windex because I couldn't find any brand name stuff without ammonia) and while it works okay, the biggest issue I had with it was that it streaked a bit and needed multiple passes to get right, and I don't have a newspaper subscription, so I'd need to go to Chipotle to pick up a local "backpage" type weekly whenever I wanted to clean the windows.

That's not too terrible, because I do love Chipotle, but once I tried the Stoners (which in another frame of reference *also* leads to Chipotle) and a microfiber, it was a one-and-done job.

I've saved, literally, hundreds of seconds with the new method. That's time you can't get back!

RDX10 03-15-2017 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by cu2wagon (Post 15980442)
I used to use Windex (well, actually some off brand blue liquid like Windex because I couldn't find any brand name stuff without ammonia) and while it works okay, the biggest issue I had with it was that it streaked a bit and needed multiple passes to get right, and I don't have a newspaper subscription, so I'd need to go to Chipotle to pick up a local "backpage" type weekly whenever I wanted to clean the windows.

That's not too terrible, because I do love Chipotle, but once I tried the Stoners (which in another frame of reference *also* leads to Chipotle) and a microfiber, it was a one-and-done job.

I've saved, literally, hundreds of seconds with the new method. That's time you can't get back!

Oh ok, yeah I can understand what you mean. I used winded to clean my glass today and realized something else, it is SUPER runny lmao. Learned not to spray near the bottom edge of the window.

btw I have never had chipotles. I am not sure why.

08KBP_VA 03-17-2017 10:46 AM

This is my favorite...

https://us-i5.tb.wal.co/asr/64b6478a...0&odnBg=ffffff

ctandc 03-17-2017 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by 08KBP_VA (Post 15981616)

+1
Cheap at walmart, microfiber towel - done.

CLpower 03-18-2017 10:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by 08KBP_VA

Yeap. I buy it by the case. My father in law runs a glass business and turned me on to this stuff Attachment 42184

damaged442 03-22-2017 08:54 AM

One more for Sprayway!

LoveMyTL-S 06-30-2017 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by RDX10 (Post 15980454)
Oh ok, yeah I can understand what you mean. I used winded to clean my glass today and realized something else, it is SUPER runny lmao. Learned not to spray near the bottom edge of the window.

btw I have never had chipotles. I am not sure why.

To stop the cleaner from running down your window, spray the cloth first then wipe.

twigglius 07-09-2017 11:32 AM

I use this... Works great and smells like beer. https://www.detailersdomain.com/prod...-glass-cleaner

NBP04TL4ME 07-09-2017 04:47 PM

I asked the same question at a glass shop and was told if you have a film on the glass or glass that is super dirty and you can't seem to get it clean - the end all be all is denatured alcohol. I bought some and it does work. As I'm sure most of you know the plastics used in cars today "fog" the glass when subjected to heat and time.

Tech 07-10-2017 11:02 AM

Invisible Glass! I prefer the pump spray over the foam spray, having tried both over the years.

Final cleaning with a microfiber cloth and the glass truly is "invisible". No streaks, no nothing.

Stoner makes many other great products.

Unknownerror0010011 03-12-2018 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by udubber83 (Post 15812101)

Thanks!

99% isopropyl alcohol but dont use it on tinted windows

wooster 04-27-2018 12:53 AM

invisible glass too

ericwudi0830 11-13-2018 06:54 PM

This is legit